- Diamond Standard: HOPKINS® Telescopes and Sheaths for Optimal Vision
- EndoCAMeleon® with Variable Direction of View
- ENDOMAT® SELECT – Meets Your Exact Requirements
- The New DrillCut-X® ARTHRO Shaver Handpiece
- KLT – Knee Laxity Tester
- Techniques for Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Unique: Minimally Invasive Quadriceps Tendon
- Rectangular Bone Tunnels for ACL Reconstruction
- SILCUT®1 Punches for Precise Interventions
- New Basic Instruments for Wrist Arthroscopy
Diamond Standard: HOPKINS® Telescopes and Sheaths for Optimal Vision
KARL STORZ HOPKINS® telescopes are considered to be the best arthroscopes in the industry. The diverse product range covers all arthroscopic interventions while the unique rod lens system ensures excellent image quality with optimal brightness, contrast and detail properties.
The product range includes all well-established angles of view in arthroscopy:
• 0° • 30° • 70°
Arthroscopes with diameters ranging from 1 mm to 4 mm leave nothing to be desired. A selection of sheaths with various locking mechanisms, which are co-ordinated with HOPKINS® telescopes, ensures the safe locking of the telescope in the sheath.
EndoCAMeleon® with Variable Direction of View
A Revolution in Imaging
ENDOCAMELEON® ARTHRO is a multidirectional arthroscope that combines the existing HOPKINS® technology with a variable direction of view. This guarantees optimal image quality with ideal visualization. The desired direction of view can be adjusted between 15° and 90° during surgery.
- HOPKINS® telescope with unique rod lens system for optimal brightness and contrast
- Easy-to-use adjusting knob selects the desired direction of view (15° to 90°)
- Better visualization of difficult-to-reach anatomical structures
- Time-saving as portal changeover is reduced
ENDOMAT® SELECT – Meets Your Exact Requirements
ENDOMAT® SELECT for arthroscopy is a roller pump that regulates the irrigation of fluids according to the latest standards. ENDOMAT® SELECT for arthroscopy communicates effectively with the KARL STORZ shaver unit UNIDRIVE® S III Arthro. It also regulates the pressure and the flow rate to provide optimal imaging while maintaining joint distension. An optional feature is the BOOST mode that can be activated at any time. This provides temporary increase in pressure and irrigation inside the joint in order to stop bleeding.
ENDOMAT® SELECT has been designed as an interdisciplinary pump. Depending on individual preferences, the pump can be equipped with various software packages so that the unit can be used for either individual or multiple disciplines.
Benefits at a glance:
- User-friendly interface and simple handling thanks to tubing set for single hand control
- Rapid communication with the shaver unit
- Safe use thanks to tubing set recognition
- Seamless integration into existing systems
- Optional software allows further applications to be added at any time
The New DrillCut-X® ARTHRO Shaver Handpiece
Performance Meets Ergonomics
The new DRILLCUT-X® ARTHRO shaver handpiece stands out due to its excellent cleanability and exceptional versatility. Another striking feature is its ergonomic design. Due to its small dimensions, the tool is suitable for use in both large and small joints. The shaver handpiece is controlled via the UNIDRIVE® S III ARTHRO console.
- Ergonomic design allows various hand positions
- Possible to lock blades in 4 positions (0°, 90°, 180°, 270°)
- Low-noise operation
- Handpiece weight of only 310 g allows fatigue-free work
KLT – Knee Laxity Tester
Precise Measurement of the Stability of the Knee Joint
The Knee Laxity Tester (KLT) was developed to allow fast, straightforward, and reproducible instrumented stability testing. It meets the requirements for quantifying the drawer movement. The tester offers the following advantages:
- Rapid and easy calibration (zero calibration)
- Exact and fast measurement process
- High accuracy (± 0.1 mm)
Four important clinical tests can be performed with the KLT:
1. Lachman test
2. Spontaneous posterior drawer test in 90° flexion
3. Fixed posterior drawer test
4. Anterior drawer test in 90° Flexion
Techniques for Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
A Portfolio for all Demands
Products and techniques that set a new standard in established arthroscopic knee surgery were successfully developed in collaboration with well-known orthopedic specialists and trauma surgeons.
The versatile product range for anatomically correct reconstruction of the cruciate ligaments includes instruments for both the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments.
- Graft harvesting and preparation: Offers optimal harvesting and preparation of all common grafts
- Tunnel placement: A large selection of aimers, drills and dilators ensures efficient tunnel placement
- Tibial and femoral fixation systems: Interference screws manufactured from ultramodern materials as well as fixation buttons made of titanium for femoral and tibial anchorage ensure excellent long-term results and patient satisfaction
Unique: Minimally Invasive Quadriceps Tendon
For Reconstruction of the Cruciate Ligaments and MPFL
The quadriceps tendon is used in cruciate ligament revision surgery and, more and more frequently, for the primary reconstruction of the anterior (ACL) and posterior (PCL) cruciate ligaments. The quadriceps tendon has also emerged as an ideal graft source for the reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL).
A special tendon harvesting system was designed to provide fast, safe and atraumatic tendon harvesting, featuring the following properties:
- Reproducible technique
- Easy and safe subcutaneous tendon harvesting
- Defined harvesting depth
- Attractive cosmetic results
The instrument set also enables quadriceps tendon harvesting for the anatomical reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL). One of the benefits of this technique is that the patella remains free of implant fixations and drill tunnels.
Rectangular Bone Tunnels for ACL Reconstruction
Tunnel Placement for Enhanced Anatomic Footprint Coverage
The actual anatomy of the cruciate ligament insertion site gave rise to the idea of developing a system that supplements the quadriceps tendon-harvesting set and that enables the creation of rectangular bone canals for the femur and tibia.
- Optimized for using the quadriceps tendon
- Rectangular rasps and dilators for creating anatomical bone tunnels
- Tibial aimer for the creation of rectangular bone tunnels
SILCUT®1 Punches for Precise Interventions
Unique Hygiene Concept for Easy and Efficient Instrument Cleaning
The hand instruments in the SILCUT®1 product line set new standards in arthroscopic resection. Furthermore, KARL STORZ CLEANFIT® offers a cleaning concept that is yet another groundbreaking feature for hand instruments in arthroscopy.
SILCUT®1 instruments stand out thanks to their precision, sharpness and perfect ergonomic design. The product range includes punches for large and small joints. In addition, the grasping forceps from the SILGRASP®1 Line supplement this portfolio.
All demands of arthroscopic precision instruments kept in mind during the design and construction of the SILCUT®1 range:
- Utmost precision thanks to an extremely flat profile
- Optimal cleaning thanks to integrated LUER-connector
- Optimized functional and ergonomic design
New Basic Instruments for Wrist Arthroscopy
Laying the Foundations for Precise and Efficient Work in Hand Surgery
As an anatomically small structure, the hand places great demands on instrument precision in wrist arthroscopy.
The arthroscopy and accessory sets from KARL STORZ are optimized to the demands of wrist arthroscopy.
- Brilliant visualization with KARL STORZ HOPKINS® arthroscopes, even in tight joint spaces
- Successful work on structures thanks to the extremely flat jaws of the SILCUT®1 line
- The arthroscopy set is supplemented by an accessory set with standard instruments that are essential for precise wrist arthroscopy