Fluorescence Imaging in Thoracic Surgery
OPAL1® technology for NIR/ICG with the IMAGE1 S™ camera platform
For imaging with the fluorescent dye indocyanine green (ICG)*, KARL STORZ offers brilliant FULL HD imaging of the vascular and lymphatic systems for thoracic surgery. The NIR/ICG system offers additional visualization options, especially for anatomical segment resection.
- 5 and 10 mm telescopes with 0° and 30° directions of view available
- Xenon-based technology (no laser safety measures necessary)
- Switching between the white light and ICG modes possible at any time
- Optimal illumination and contrast enhancement
- Multidisciplinary applications, e.g., thoracic surgery, general and visceral surgery, gynecology, urology as well as reconstructive surgery
*Please verify that the fluorescent dye indocyanine green is approved for the respective indication in your country.
Instruments for Video-assisted Thoracic Surgery
KARL STORZ offers instruments for Video-assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS) that meet the requirements of both hygiene and economic efficiency. All VATS instruments can be disassembled into two or three parts and can therefore be individually combined with various handles. The instruments and jaws have been specifically adapted to the anatomy of the thorax, offering the operating surgeons the best prerequisites for VATS procedures.
The portfolio is expanded to include reusable trocars with flexible cannulas as well as the proven KARL STORZ HOPKINS® telescopes.
- HOPKINS® telescopes with various lengths and diameters
- Flexible and rigid trocars in 6 and 11 mm
- CLICKLINE instruments with or without connector pins for unipolar coagulation
- ROBI® forceps and scissors for bipolar coagulation
EndoCAMeleon® Telescope with Variable Direction of View
The EndoCAMeleon® HOPKINS® telescope with rod lens system and a rigid 10 mm sheath offers a variable direction of view. This allows optimal adjustment of the viewing direction to any OR situation.
- Variable direction of view 0° – 90°
- Enhanced illumination
- Easy-to-use adjustment knob for selecting the direction of view, now with fin
- Combines the convenient handling of the proven HOPKINS® telescope with the advantages and potential of a telescope offering various directions of view
- Particularly suitable for use in anatomically narrow working spaces