- E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
- TEO® – Transanal Endoscopic Operations
- TEO® Platform with Flexible Working Attachment and High-Flow Adaptor – B-PORT
- SAAD Retrieval Tube
- ENDOFLATOR® 50 and S-PILOT® – The Perfect Combination
- Documentation in Proctology
- KARL STORZ SILVER SCOPE®
- VAAFT Set
E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
The pilonidal sinus is an acute or chronic inflammatory process in the subcutaneous adipose tissue, often occurring in the sacrococcygeal region1. E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment – proceeds in two phases. In the first – diagnostic – phase, the sinus cavity and the sinus tracts are examined. The aim of the second – therapeutic – phase is to ablate the abscess cavity and to eliminate the fistula2. Both phases are performed under direct endoscopic control.
- E.P.Si.T. can be performed in an outpatient setting
- Ablation of the abscess cavity and elimination of the fistula under direct vision
- High patient satisfaction3
- Straightforward, safe, effective and reproducible method of treatment3
- Instruments can also be used to treat anal fistulas (VAAFT technique)
1 AWMF Summary of the S3 Guidelines 081/009: Sinus pilonidalis
2 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: A Prospective Multicentre Trial. P. Meinero et al., 2016
3 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment, Giarratano G et al., 2017
TEO® – Transanal Endoscopic Operations
The minimally invasive transanal platform for the treatment of rectal neoplasia
Transanal Endoscopic Operations (TEO®) combines the minimal invasiveness of an intervention via a natural body orifice (NOTES) with the precision of resection under endoscopic microsurgery.
- Available in lengths of 7.5, 15 and 20 cm
- Compatible with all standard camera systems for laparoscopy
- Mechanical holding arm enables the platform to be placed in a very stable position
TEO® Platform with Flexible Working Attachment and High-Flow Adaptor – B-PORT
TEO® (Transanal Endoscopic Operations) combines the minimal invasiveness of an intervention via a natural orifice (NOTES) with the precision of resection under visual control. A wide-lumen rectoscope enables precise guidance of operating instruments under endoscopic control. In cooperation with Prof. Luigi Boni, Milan, Italy, it was possible to optimize the TEO® platform for TaTME (Transanal Total Mesorectal Excision).
- Great freedom of movement thanks to flexible working attachment
- Instruments up to size 15 mm can be used
- The high-flow adaptor enables a fast and stable pneumorectum as well as effective smoke evacuation
- Straight distal end simplifies the placement of an endoscopic purse-string suture
- Also suitable for TaTME
The new reusable D-PORT was designed and optimized for transanal surgery. It is also possible to perform transanal total mesorectal excision (taTME) with this platform.
- Simultaneous CO2 insufflation and smoke / gas evacuation possible
- Great freedom of movement due to flexible sealing cap
- Small outer diameter of 30 mm facilitates insertion in the anal canal
- Free choice of telescopes (5 mm or 10 mm)
- Reusable and thus cost-effective
SAAD Retrieval Tube
For avoiding minilaparotomy in laparoscopic colon resection
Laparoscopic techniques in colorectal resection have become increasingly established in recent years as a standard procedure in colorectal surgery1,2 although a minilaparotomy is still necessary to recover the specimen. The SAAD retrieval tube – which can be introduced both transanally and transvaginally – was designed to avoid minilaparotomy and thus significantly reduce the morbidity of the abdominal wall in the form of wound infections, postoperative pain and the formation of abdominal hernias3.
- Smooth and gentle insertion thanks to anatomically adapted shape
- The flexible working insert allows instrument use without the loss of CO2
1 Kuhry E, Schwenk W, Gaupset R, Romild U, Bonjer HJ (2012) Long-term results of laparoscopic colorectal cancer resection
2 Schwenk W, Haase O, Neudecker JJ, Müller JM (2008) Short-term benefits of laparoscopic colorectal resection
3 Brockhaus AC, Politt D, Lindlohr C, Saad S (2016) Transanal extraction vs. minilaparotomy for laparoendoscopic left-sided colon resection
ENDOFLATOR® 50 and S-PILOT® – The Perfect Combination
The ENDOFLATOR® 50 in conjunction with the KARL STORZ S-PILOT® creates the perfect prerequisites for optimal smoke evacuation. To make full use of the excellent flow rate provided by the insufflator, appropriate accessories are required.
- Stable OR field thanks to innovative regulation
- Gas heating adapts to various ambient conditions and reliably prevents telescope fogging
- Creates optimal viewing conditions and a stable OR field, even in small cavity surgery
Documentation in Proctology
The mobile all-in-one solution TELE PACK X GI provides clear patient information for procto- and/or rectoscopic examinations. The flexible TROIDL resectoscope as well as the rigid systems PROCTOVISION® and RECTOVISION® allow the visualization and documentation of all examination and/or therapy steps.
- The portable all-in-one solution combines a monitor, video processor, LED light source, documentation unit and insufflation pump in one unit
- Universal use in doctors’ offices, emergency rooms and intensive care units
- Flexible and rigid endoscopes can be easily connected with suitable adaptors
- As well as presenting clear patient information, the documentation can be an effective aid for proctological training
- The integrated network function allows straightforward export of patient images and videos to the hospital or practice network
KARL STORZ SILVER SCOPE®
TROIDL SILVER SCOPE® Flexible Rectoscope
The flexible TROIDL SILVER SCOPE® rectoscope combines the fundamental advantages of flexible endoscopy with the application possibilities of rectoscopy.
- Working length of 40 cm ensures easy handling
- Up to 210° inversion improves visualization and, consequently, diagnostic and therapeutic options thanks to forward and retrograde viewing
- Field of application especially suited for surgical conditions and procedures in the rectal area
- Fatigue-free work thanks to ergonomically shaped control unit
- Possibility to combine rigid and flexible endoscopy thanks to modular IMAGE1 S™ camera platform
Video-Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment
The VAAFT technique is suitable for the surgical treatment of complex anal fistulas and recurrences as well as the endoscopic treatment of pilonidal sinuses. Direct visual control is thereby the main characteristic of this new surgical method. The VAAFT technique allows a significant reduction in surgical trauma.
- Exact localization of the internal fistula opening under visual control
- Complete elimination of the fistula from the inside
- Minimal postoperative trauma
- Good time and cost-saving potential
- Fully autoclavable
- Also suited for the treatment of pilonidal sinuses
KARL STORZ offers a wide range of proctoscopes in various sizes for rigid proctoscopy.
- Plastic obturator prevents possible tilting in the proctoscope tube
- Completely reusable, durable
- With the proper working attachment can also be utilized for video-assisted proctoscopy and documentation
KARL STORZ offers a wide range of rectoscopes in various sizes for rigid rectoscopy.
- Completely reusable, durable
- Fiber optic light carrier with fiber optic light cable connector for optimal illumination
- With the proper working attachment can also be utilized for video-assisted rectoscopy and documentation