E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
The pilonidal sinus is an acute or chronic inflammatory process in the subcutaneous adipose tissue, often occurring in the sacrococcygeal region1. E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment – proceeds in two phases. In the first – diagnostic – phase, the sinus cavity and the sinus tracts are examined. The aim of the second – therapeutic – phase is to ablate the abscess cavity and to eliminate the fistula2. Both phases are performed under direct endoscopic control.
- E.P.Si.T. can be performed in an outpatient setting
- Ablation of the abscess cavity and elimination of the fistula under direct vision
- High patient satisfaction3
- Straightforward, safe, effective and reproducible method of treatment3
- Instruments can also be used to treat anal fistulas (VAAFT technique)
1 AWMF Summary of the S3 Guidelines 081/009: Sinus pilonidalis
2 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: A Prospective Multicentre Trial. P. Meinero et al., 2016
3 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment, Giarratano G et al., 2017
TEO® – Transanal Endoscopic Operations
The minimally invasive transanal platform for the treatment of rectal neoplasia
Transanal Endoscopic Operations (TEO®) combines the minimal invasiveness of an intervention via a natural body orifice (NOTES) with the precision of resection under endoscopic microsurgery.
- Available in lengths of 7.5, 15 and 20 cm
- Compatible with all standard camera systems for laparoscopy
- Mechanical holding arm enables the platform to be placed in a very stable position
TEO® Platform with Flexible Working Attachment and High-Flow Adaptor – B-PORT
TEO® (Transanal Endoscopic Operations) combines the minimal invasiveness of an intervention via a natural orifice (NOTES) with the precision of resection under visual control. A wide-lumen rectoscope enables precise guidance of operating instruments under endoscopic control. In cooperation with Prof. Luigi Boni, Milan, Italy, it was possible to optimize the TEO® platform for TaTME (Transanal Total Mesorectal Excision).
- Great freedom of movement thanks to flexible working attachment
- Instruments up to size 15 mm can be used
- The high-flow adaptor enables a fast and stable pneumorectum as well as effective smoke evacuation
- Straight distal end simplifies the placement of an endoscopic purse-string suture
- Also suitable for TaTME