- Instrument Set for Pyloromyotomy
- E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
- The New RoTaLock™ Trocar
- Three-part Dismantling CLICKline Series for Pediatric Laparoscopic Surgery
- New Trocar Generation for Laparoscopic Pediatric Surgery
- SILVER SCOPE® Gastroscopes
- Slim Colonoscopes, also Suitable for Pediatric Applications
- Bronchoscopy Instruments for Children
- Thin, Pediatric System for Pediatric Urology
- Operating Cystoscope-Urethroscope for Children
- Airway Management for Neonatology and Pediatrics
- ENDOFLATOR® 50
- New Pyloric Knife with Knife Insert for Single Use
- KOH and LIMA Needle Holders for Laparoscopic Pediatric Surgery
Instrument Set for Pyloromyotomy
KARL STORZ offers a complete instrument set for pyloromyotomy featuring instruments that are specifically designed for this indication.
Percutaneous pyloric knife with knife insert for single use:
- Optimal cutting every time
- Integrated ratchet mechanism allows the knife insert to be locked in 8 positions (1.5 mm steps) and extended to the desired length in a controlled manner in order to achieve the required cutting depth.
GEIGER Percutaneous Pyloric Grasper
- Grasping forceps for stabilizing the pylorus during pyloromyotomy
The instrument set for pyloromyotomy also includes various pyloric spreaders and graspers that are suitable for both percutaneous applications and for use with a trocar.
E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
The pilonidal sinus is an acute or chronic inflammatory process in the subcutaneous adipose tissue, often occurring in the sacrococcygeal region1. E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment – proceeds in two phases. In the first – diagnostic – phase, the sinus cavity and the sinus tracts are examined. The aim of the second – therapeutic – phase is to ablate the abscess cavity and to eliminate the fistula2. Both phases are performed under direct endoscopic control.
- E.P.Si.T. can be performed in an outpatient setting
- Ablation of the abscess cavity and elimination of the fistula under direct vision
- High patient satisfaction3
- Straightforward, safe, effective and reproducible method of treatment3
- Instruments can also be used to treat anal fistulas (VAAFT technique)
1 AWMF Summary of the S3 Guidelines 081/009: Sinus pilonidalis
2 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: A Prospective Multicentre Trial. P. Meinero et al., 2016
3 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment, Giarratano G et al., 2017
Brazilian and argentinean multicentric study in the surgical minimally invasive treatment of pilonidal cyst
Brazilian archives of digestive surgery 2019 Oct
Short-term outcomes of endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment
Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England 2019 Aug
The endoscopic treatment of pilonidal sinus disease: a short-term case-series study
Annals of Saudi Medicine 2019 May-Jun
Preliminary report on endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment in children: results of a multicentric series
Pediatric Surgery International 2018 Jun
Outcomes of endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment (EPSiT): a systematic review
Techniques in Coloproctology 2018 May
Endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment versus total excision with primary closure for sacrococcygeal pilonidal sinus disease in the pediatric population
Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2018 Oct
Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: Long-Term Results of a Prospective Series
Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 2017 Jul-Sep
Endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment: a prospective multicentre trial
Colorectal Disease: The Official Journal of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland 2016 May
The New RoTaLock™ Trocar
The TAN RoTaLock™ trocar is a self-retaining trocar that was specially developed for neonatal surgery/pediatric laparoscopic surgery.
- Distal tip of the cannula enables fixation directly under the abdominal wall and prevents the cannula from slipping out of the abdominal wall
- Due to the short length of the sheath, the distal tip of the cannula does not hinder opening of the jaws
- One-piece sealing system for single use, now also available as a sterile version
- Available in sizes 3.5 mm and 6 mm
Three-part Dismantling CLICKline Series for Pediatric Laparoscopic Surgery
Three-part Dismantling CLICKline Series for Pediatric Laparoscopic Surgery
The CLICKLINE instrument line (diameter 3.5 mm, length 20 cm) for pediatric laparoscopic surgery features great stability while its efficient, modular construction offers a high level of flexibility.
- Working length (20 cm) adapted to the special requirements of pediatric laparoscopy
- Modular concept: 3-part dismantling instruments fulfil the highest hygiene demands while offering the best possible variability
- Diverse combination possibilities thanks to a wide range of jaws with various outer sheaths and CLICKLINE handles
- Additional stability thanks to combination with metal outer sheath
- Working inserts with fully integrated joints
In addition to this instrument line (3.5 mm, three-part dismantling) we also offer 3 mm instruments with a length of 20 cm (two-part dismantling).
Further information can be found in the main Laparoscopy catalog and the
online Laparoscopy catalog.
Rotating Bipolar Grasping Forceps and Scissors for Pediatric Laparoscopic Surgery
The rotating and bipolar instruments are available with a diameter of 3.5 mm and a working length of 20 cm and allow precise work on tissue. The instrument design and materials used ensure the highest mechanical stability. The force limiter integrated in the handle prevents the jaws from overloading. Color coding on the forceps insert and the handle enables clear identification of the new, modular ROBI® components.
- Rotating and bipolar instruments, for the first time with a diameter of 3.5 mm, working length 20 cm
- Jaws with robust hinge in conjunction with force limiter allows precise and secure grasping
- Insulated outer sheath, 360° rotating sheath
- Modular construction for optimal cleaning
New Trocar Generation for Laparoscopic Pediatric Surgery
The newly designed trocar generation combines single-use with reusable components. Whereas cannulas and trocars feature a design with reusable components, the new valve seal is intended for single use.
- The ergonomic shape of the trocar ensures safe and reliable handling during placement
- The new plastic trocar housing ensures that the weight is considerably reduced and the trocar is well-balanced
- One-piece sealing system for single use (package of 10), now also available as a sterile version
- Minimal friction between the valve seal and the instrument
- Available in diameters 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm and 6 mm with a working length of 5 cm
SILVER SCOPE® Gastroscopes
The flexible routine gastroscope
- The routine gastroscope is a reliable instrument for everyday use in gastroenterology. The 2.8 mm working channel allows the use of all corresponding instruments for diagnosis and intervention.
- Excellent deflection up to 210°
The medium gastroscope for standard and pediatric use and in case of stenosis
- Elegant 7.8 mm outer diameter with 2.8 mm working channel
- Excellent deflection up to 210°
Bronchoscopy Instruments for Children
A practical set classification for the clinical routine
KARL STORZ offers instruments for pediatric bronchoscopy that are customized to the anatomy of children. This includes bronchoscopes in various sizes and lengths as well as optical forceps and accessories. To optimally structure our comprehensive product range for the benefit of our customers, we offer a total of three sets for foreign body removal in children. They are organized by age and corresponding tracheal diameter. Each set includes the appropriate bronchoscope sizes with a compatible telescope, optical forceps, and accessories. The instrument sets therefore offer everything needed for foreign body removal.
- Set 1: Age group 0-6 months
- Set 2: Age group 6 months – 6 years
- Set 3: Age group 6-14 years
Thin, Pediatric System for Pediatric Urology
From childhood to old age, size plays a crucial role in urology. The pediatric system from KARL STORZ for newborn babies and children offers urologists and pediatric urologists or surgeons significant enhancements in urological care. The development of the 1.2 mm miniature telescope enables the further reduction of the previous cystoscopes, reflux cystoscopes, urethrotomes and resectoscopes while offering a new product line with special instruments for the field of pediatric urology.
- Excellent optical quality with the smallest possible diameter
- Straightforward and gentle patient treatment thanks to the smallest possible sheath size
- Bifunctional working element – pediatric resectoscope and urethrotome
- Special sheath for the treatment of vesicoureteral reflux
Operating Cystoscope-Urethroscope for Children
For straightforward and gentle treatment
The operating cysto-urethroscopes with atraumatic tip and excellent gliding properties provide the operating surgeon with enhanced possibilities for diagnosis as well as straightforward and gentle treatment of the patient. The straight working channel and the excellent telescope significantly enhance the efficient performance of various procedures.
- Atraumatically shaped distal end of sheath with rounded tip
- Minimal sheath diameter
- Maximum irrigation due to the large, straight working channel
Airway Management for Neonatology and Pediatrics
C-MAC® – the solution!
A platform for your airway management
Did you know that KARL STORZ's C-MAC® system represents the widest available range of endoscopes for use in pediatrics and neonatology? You have a choice of 6 different video laryngoscopes alone. Count on a portable airway management system that offers multiple visualization options and, most importantly, lets you switch to any C-MAC product within seconds. For further details on these products, please refer to the marketing materials linked below.
The High-Performance Insufflator
Stable OR field thanks to innovative regulation
- Gas heating adapts to various ambient conditions and reliably prevents telescope fogging
- Maximum flow rate of up to 50 l/min
- In combination with the S-PILOT® smoke evacuation system, creates optimal viewing conditions and a stable OR field, even in small cavity surgery
New Pyloric Knife with Knife Insert for Single Use
The KARL STORZ instrument set for pyloromyotomy has been expanded to include a new pyloric knife for pediatric surgery.
- Knife insert (package of 10) for optimal cutting
- Ergonomic and reusable handle
- Integrated ratchet mechanism allows the knife insert to be locked in 8 positions and extended to the desired length in a controlled manner
- Markings on the knife insert to control the extended length of the knife
- Protective cap for safe assembly and disassembly of the knife insert
KOH and LIMA Needle Holders for Laparoscopic Pediatric Surgery
KARL STORZ offers a selection of needle holders in size 3.5 mm for laparoscopic pediatric surgery. Their most outstanding features are their ergonomic handles and smooth-running, precisely settable ratchets.
KOH Needle Holder
- Two types of jaws: Curved to left or right, each with tungsten carbide inserts to ensure stable, secure holding of the needle
- Disengageable ratchet mechanism to enable relaxed and precise work
LIMA Needle Holder
- Axial ring handle with hemostat-style ratchet for optimal fixation of the needle
- Lightweight design allows fatigue-free work