We offer full service from a single source that meets highest quality standards and lets our customers focus on what matters most: the well-being of their patients.
Our products should be precise and enjoyable to use at all times, and we want our customers to be able to fully rely on the excellent KARL STORZ quality.
To this end, we have developed a comprehensive, innovative, and flexible service program to perfectly complement our products; this program is customized to meet each individual customer's needs. The new KARL STORZ service portfolio covers any customer wishes – from quick, ad hoc, on-site troubleshooting to comprehensive, regular customer care and expert maintenance.
The increasing use of diverse high-technology and high-investment products in everyday clinical routines makes instrument management and maintenance more complex. Moreover, there is great demand for state-of-the art products and a desire to keep up to date on advances in medical technology.
The KARL STORZ repair service ensures that the original performance characteristics of products submitted for repair are restored thanks to the use of original spare parts and the consideration of manufacturer specifications.
To this end, the repair service offers two options.
- After submitting the defective product for repair, the customer receives an original KARL STORZ replacement product within a very short period of time.
Repair exchange in advance:
- The customer receives a replacement product before submitting the defective product for repair.
This program is applicable for all endoscopic equipment (except for speciality goods).
After submitting the defective product for repair, we will individually repair the specific damage. After careful assessment of the actual damage, the cost of the repair is calculated based on the work involved.
The original performance parameters are restored thanks to the use of original KARL STORZ spare parts.
The repaired product is then returned to the customer.
To make working with KARL STORZ products as convenient as possible, KARL STORZ offers technical support and on-site service.
- Troubleshooting hotline staffed by qualified KARL STORZ staff
- Restoring functionality as quickly as possible
- Consultation in case of technical questions about any KARL STORZ products
- On-site service by KARL STORZ staff
In addition to a conventional, centralized repair service we also offer an on-site service performed by KARL STORZ service technicians. The following services are available on an individual basis or as a service agreement:
- Maintenance of both individual devices and entire systems
- Electrical safety tests
- Installation/connection of medical facilities
- Technical training and instruction of your medical technicians
- Technical support for live transmissions
- Technical transfer of configured equipment carts
The KARL STORZ mobile service* maintains a regular delivery and service. A mobile service courier drives to your facility at fixed times, e.g., once a week, to collect defect products and to submit them to the KARL STORZ repair cycle. The mobile service courier processes the repair-exchange request on-site. The replacement products are delivered directly to you.
- Advance exchange orders of KARL STORZ can be requested
- Cross-manufacturer repair process for full service from a single source
- Maintenance at original manufacturer quality as all instruments are processed for professional repair
- Expert on-site support on handling, reprocessing, damage prevention, updates, upgrades, service contracts and much more
- Reliable planning and cost transparency thanks to on-site damage assessment
*This service is not available at all locations yet but is currently under development. Please contact your local KARL STORZ organization.
Analysis and Consultation – Added Value for you and your Instruments
Comprehensive inventory management
To facilitate a smooth workflow in the practice and the OR, it is essential that the right instruments, endoscopes and light cables are ready for use in the right place at the right time. KARL STORZ answers your questions about tray optimization. The process is conducted on three levels:
Tray audit: A function test and an inventory check is performed on your instruments and telescopes, regardless of manufacturer
Analysis: Detailed tray lists and inventories form the basis for comprehensive evaluations and recommendations
Optimization: Joint development and integration of a new, optimized inventory for your instrumentation
Tray audits are conducted according to individual customer requirements where existing instruments and telescopes are inspected for damage or changes to their surfaces and materials. A function test is also performed.
- Recommendations for optimizing tray inventory that take the internal workflow as well as all applicable norms and laws into consideration
- Possibilities are demonstrated for the interdisciplinary use of trays
- Optimal safety, maximum availability, and long-term value preservation
- Maximized product life and prevention of handling errors by providing free-of-charge training for physicians and nursing staff in the reprocessing and sterilization of instruments and telescopes
- Process optimization such as the reduction of tray throughput, turnover and packing times
- Hygiene consulting with regard to storage, cleaning and sterilization
Qualification and training
Training is the basis for the long-term value preservation of endoscopic equipment and for system availability. Ultimately the availability of the endoscopic equipment rises as users have greater knowledge of the equipment.
This training offers the following benefits:
- Confident handling of endoscopes and instruments for their smooth and reliable use
- Ability to identify defects and to determine repairs required
- Information on the proper cleaning, reprocessing, maintenance and storage of instruments
- Basic knowledge about commissioning, safety checks, and maintenance of equipment
KARL STORZ Service Contracts
Flexible contract models – from a single source
KARL STORZ not only provides customers with high-quality products but is also continually searching for ways and means to make work with KARL STORZ products as convenient as possible. KARL STORZ – as your service partner – wishes to relieve you from the burden of non-medical matters and has therefore developed a service contract concept that offers an exclusive service:
- Maximum product availability
- All services from a single source
- The best possible patient safety
- Long-term value preservation of products/investments
- Modular and customized service packages
- Efficient processing (no cost estimate approval required)
- Risks partially assumed by KARL STORZ if above budget
- Complete reimbursement if below budget
- On-site consultation/hotline/training
- Fixed price model for telescopes as an alternative to the damage classification level system
- Repair exchange or repair replacement
- Upgrade to latest product technology
- Third-party product exchange
- Product group exchange
- Detailed analysis of the repair volume
- Reduced administrative burden thanks to monthly installments instead of single invoicing
- Risks partially assumed by KARL STORZ if above budget or reimbursement if below budget
We offer the service contract Premium for products with patient contact as well as products used in patient proximity.
In the context of a maintenance contract, KARL STORZ service technicians perform a once yearly maintenance of the customer’s devices or OR1™ installation(s). Preventive maintenance reduces downtime and ensures long-term value preservation. The annual maintenance includes:
- Regular safety check
- Technical safety checks
- Overall function check of individual serviced objects
- Documentation of performed testing, work, and the achieved results for each individual serviced object
- Final report and recommendations
The KARL STORZ Software Maintenance Service Contract offers comprehensive operator support for KARL STORZ software products to ensure the highest safety, maximum availability, and long-term value preservation:
- Software maintenance reduces the risk of malfunctions or system failures to a minimum
- Automatic transmission of patches and setup of workarounds prevents or eliminates malfunctions as quickly as possible
- The provision of software updates and upgrades for the respective system ensures future function and reduces potential new investments
Process Consultation for Reprocessing Medical Products
Only correctly processed medical products are safe
Hygiene is a fundamental component of the entire health care process and, therefore, requires a high degree of professional competence and responsibility from all parties involved. The goal must be to provide suitable procedures for cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization that can be implemented in the daily routine and that take all valid standards and regulations for each individual instrument into consideration.
The focus is on:
- Legal and regulatory requirements for reprocessing medical products
- The safety of patients, users and third parties
- Lowering the status of contamination to unavoidable residual risks