- BioPlug Anchor: Absorbable Implants for Reconstructive Surgery
- ENDOTACK® and Mini ENDOTACK® for Extracortical Fixation
- FLIPPTACK – Extracortical Implant System for the Femoral Fixation of Cruciate Ligaments
- The MegaFix® Product Family – Bioabsorbable and Composite Interference Screws
- RICHTER POWERFIX® – Bioinert PEEK Implants for Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- MULTIDRIVE-X ARTHRO – A Flexible Partner
- Vaporization Electrodes for Arthroscopy
- Diamond Standard: HOPKINS® Telescopes and Sheaths for Optimal Vision
- Direction of View: EndoCAMeleon® with Variable Direction of View
- Optimal Efficiency in Hip Arthroscopy
- Techniques for Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Minimally Invasive Harvesting of the Quadriceps Tendon
- SilCut® PRO Punches for Precise Interventions
- KLT – Knee Laxity Tester
- Effective Suture Management in Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Effective Suture Management in Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Precise and Efficient Work in Hand Surgery
BioPlug Anchor: Absorbable Implants for Reconstructive Surgery
BIOPLUG 3.5 mm, 4.2 mm, and 5.2 mm are absorbable anchors from KARL STORZ. These anchors stand out, in particular, through their high-quality material, their excellent fixation strength, and their pullout resistance. The material is an amorphous stereocopolymer known as poly-(L-co-D, L-lactide) 70:30, a special slow-degrading material that shows no reabsorption behavior whatsoever, since it remains amorphous throughout the process.
ENDOTACK® and Mini ENDOTACK® for Extracortical Fixation
FLIPPTACK – Extracortical Implant System for the Femoral Fixation of Cruciate Ligaments
The FLIPPTACK fixation button from KARL STORZ is a proven system for femoral fixation in cruciate ligament reconstruction. The system, which consists of the FLIPPTACK, the tendon board, and the FLIPPTACK holder, allows optimal preparation of the graft for passage into the joint. After the so-called FLIPPING process, the FLIPPTACK comes to rest extracortically and subcutaneously; since it remains in the body, it ensures stable long-term fixation.
Recommended for use with Serag Wiessner Sulene USP 7, a high-quality polyester suture that is precisely braided and features a special silicone coating. In braided sutures of this type, this coating reduces the typical tissue cutting effect and minimizes capillarity.
The MegaFix® Product Family – Bioabsorbable and Composite Interference Screws
The MegaFix® product family offers a broad range of bioabsorbable and composite interference screws.
The former are made of the amorphous stereocopolymer PLDLLA. This material exhibits optimal degradation and absorption characteristics as well as good biocompatibility. Composite screws also contain the ceramic base material ß-tricalcium phosphate. This ensures a balance between neutralizing acidic substances and preserving ideal mechanical properties.
Both versions of the MegaFix® interference screws feature a special, patented thread configuration. The sharp threading at the tip helps users start the screw easily and safely, while the rounded threads at the screw body allow controlled insertion and protect the graft. The perforated versions (MegaFix® P screws) allow three-dimensional bone ingrowth.
RICHTER POWERFIX® – Bioinert PEEK Implants for Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
POWERFIX® PEEK interference screws, made from PEEK-OPTIMA®, provide another innovation that complements the KARL STORZ implant portfolio. A highlight of the screw design is the availability of femoral reverse-thread interference screws which prevent luxation of the graft in the anterior direction during ACL reconstruction of the right knee. The double-threaded screw design makes it possible to insert the screw with just a few turns of a screwdriver that accommodates all screw sizes.
PEEK-OPTIMA® implant material features the following properties:
- High mechanical stability
- Excellent biocompatibility
- Inert, non-resorbable PEEK
The POWERFIX® interference screws made of PEEK-OPTIMA® are radiolucent and thus allow optimal monitoring of the healing process by means of X-rays, CT or MRI without creating artefacts.
MULTIDRIVE-X ARTHRO – A Flexible Partner
The MULTIDRIVE-X ARTHRO multifunction handpiece offers proven functions in arthroscopy for all joints:
- Allows drilling wire placement, drilling, and sawing
- Ergonomic design, easy handling, and balanced weight distribution for convenient, comfortable, and precise work
- Low minimum speed for accurate and controlled drilling
- Swap attachments quickly, easily and safely with the help of two lateral unlock buttons
- "Precision Mode" – limited speed mode for greater safety and precision in drilling and sawing
- Standalone console; perfect for combination with existing shaver systems
- Standalone unit offers optimal conditions for service-friendly and efficient work
- Lightweight console (2.1 kg) usable in a wide range of surgical settings
Vaporization Electrodes for Arthroscopy
These single-use bipolar vaporization electrodes with reusable handle were developed for the vaporization and coagulation of soft tissue.
The electrode design with suction maximizes tactile feedback, allows the removal of bubbles and vaporization byproducts, and minimizes clogging. The 90° electrodes maximize tissue contact and facilitate rapid tissue debulking.
Bipolar mode allows users to work without a conventional neutral electrode.
The shape of the angled electrodes facilitates tissue removal as well as access to hard-to-reach areas.
The bipolar electrodes with reusable handles can only be operated using the KARL STORZ AUTOCON® III 300 foot switch.
Combining the electrodes with reusable handles provides a cost-efficient package for everyday use.
Diamond Standard: HOPKINS® Telescopes and Sheaths for Optimal Vision
KARL STORZ HOPKINS® telescopes are considered to be the best arthroscopes in the industry. The company's diverse product range covers all arthroscopic interventions, and the rod lens system ensures excellent image quality with optimal brightness, contrast, and detail properties.
The product range includes all well-established angles of view in arthroscopy:
• 0° • 30° • 70°
Arthroscopes of various diameters leave nothing to be desired. A selection of sheaths with various locking mechanisms, which are coordinated with HOPKINS® telescopes, ensures secure locking of the telescope in the sheath.
Direction of View: EndoCAMeleon® with Variable Direction of View
ENDOCAMELEON® ARTHRO is a multidirectional arthroscope that combines the existing HOPKINS® technology with a variable direction of view. This guarantees optimal image quality with ideal visualization. The desired direction of view can be adjusted between 15° and 90° during surgery.
The ENDOCAMELEON® is particularly advantageous in tight joint spaces because its 360° view capabilities have been greatly enhanced.
- HOPKINS® telescope with rod lens system for optimal brightness and contrast
- Easy-to-use control dial with fin for selecting the desired direction of view (15° to 90°)
- Better visualization of difficult-to-reach anatomical structures
- Reduction of portal changeovers
Optimal Efficiency in Hip Arthroscopy
As a pioneer in hip arthroscopy, we deliver the first aimer offering the option of horizontal triangulation. Vertical and horizontal triangulation allow precise portal placement.
Optimized instruments for precise work complement the KARL STORZ hip arthroscopy portfolio.
- Sharp capsule and labrum knives allow minimally invasive incision of the joint capsule in the portal zone.
- Special suture forceps for piercing soft tissue and optimized suture management in hip arthroscopy.
- Optimized suture grasper geometry allows safe grasping of the suture.
- Extra-long grasping forceps for hip arthroscopy.
- Special chisel for microfracturing in the hip joint.
Techniques for Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
A Portfolio for all Demands
In collaboration with renowned orthopedic specialists and trauma surgeons, we have successfully developed products and techniques that set standards in established arthroscopic knee surgery.
The versatile product range for anatomically correct reconstruction of the cruciate ligaments includes instruments for both the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments.
- Graft harvesting and preparation: Offers optimal harvesting and preparation of all common grafts
- Tunnel placement: A large selection of aimers, drills and dilators ensures efficient tunnel placement
Minimally Invasive Harvesting of the Quadriceps Tendon
For Reconstruction of the Cruciate Ligaments and MPFL
The quadriceps tendon is used in cruciate ligament revision surgery and, more and more frequently, for the primary reconstruction of the anterior (ACL) and posterior (PCL) cruciate ligaments. The quadriceps tendon has also emerged as an ideal graft source for the reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL).
In order to provide fast and safe tendon harvesting, a special tendon harvesting system has been developed featuring the following properties:
- Safe and easy subcutaneous tendon harvesting
- Defined harvesting depth
The instrument set also enables quadriceps tendon harvesting for the anatomical reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL). One of the benefits of this technique is that it allows implant- and tunnel-free fixation to the patella.
SilCut® PRO Punches for Precise Interventions
The instrument line with diverse jaw geometries and sharp homogenous cutting
The hand instruments in the SILCUT® PRO product line set new standards in arthroscopic resection. Furthermore, KARL STORZ CLEANFIT® offers a unique cleaning concept that guarantees straightforward and efficient instrument cleaning.
The SILGRASP® PRO Line product range includes punches for large and small joints. In addition, a series of grasping forceps supplement this portfolio. The design and construction of the SILCUT® PRO range integrates all the demands that should be met by an arthroscopic precision instrument.
- Flat punch profile for tight joint spaces
- Optimal cleaning thanks to integrated LUER-connector
- Diverse jaw models for different anatomic conditions
KLT – Knee Laxity Tester
Precise Measurement of the Stability of the Knee Joint
The knee laxity tester (KLT) was developed to allow quick and easy instrumented stability testing. It provides precise, reproducible measurements of tibial translation (drawer) in a side-by-side comparison. The patella pad on the upper end of the KLT is placed on the anterior surface of the patella. The mobile measuring plunger is placed in the area of the tibial tubercle.
Testing equipment of this type must meet several requirements in order to be suitable for routine clinical use. The KLT offers the following advantages:
- Easy handling for precise stability testing in examination rooms
- Quick and easy fixation of the KLT to the patient
- Quick and easy calibration (zeroing)
- Quick, precise measurement process
- High accuracy (to ± 0.1 mm)
- Digital display of results – easy to read
- Wide range of tests
Effective Suture Management in Shoulder Arthroscopy
SHOULDER PRO® Suture Forceps
The suture forceps complement the established SHOULDER PRO® line, offering surgeons a large selection of instruments for targeted, successful soft tissue perforation and thus optimized suture management in reconstructive shoulder surgery – both on the rotator cuff and for shoulder instabilities.
TARPUN SHOULDER PRO® Suture Forceps
- Sharp, slender, upward-opening jaws perforate soft tissue easily
- Simplified suture grasping thanks to hook integrated in the jaw
FETCHER SHOULDER PRO® Suture Forceps
- Efficient suture grasping, without twisting the suture forceps, thanks to downward-facing, downward-opening jaws with large aperture angle.
- Excellent tissue handling thanks to extremely slender, curved jaws with an upward-pointing instrument tip
- Available in three different versions: straight, left-curved, or right-curved jaws.
Effective Suture Management in Shoulder Arthroscopy
SILGRASP® Suture Graspers
The suture grasping forceps supplement the shoulder portfolio by ensuring successful suture management in reconstructive shoulder surgery, both on the rotator cuff and for shoulder instabilities.
SILGRASP® Suture Grasper
- Enables the grasping of suture material and soft tissue thanks to the slender, serrated and atraumatic jaws
- Reliable suture transportation thanks to special jaw shape that prevents the suture from slipping out
- Also suitable for knee arthroscopy
SILGRASP® Angled Suture Grasper
- Easier to grasp sutures that run parallel to the instrument thanks to jaws curved to the left or right
- Simplified suture grasping due to jaws with large aperture angle
Precise and Efficient Work in Hand Surgery
Basic Instruments for Wrist Arthroscopy
The arthroscopy and accessory sets from KARL STORZ are optimized to the demands of wrist arthroscopy.
- Brilliant visualization with KARL STORZ HOPKINS® arthroscopes, even in tight joint spaces
- The flat jaws of the SILCUT® PRO line allow successful work on structures
- The arthroscopy set is supplemented by an accessory set with standard instruments that are essential for precise wrist arthroscopy