- In-house Training Workstations from KARL STORZ with the GESEA Concept
- The Solution for Outpatient Settings – TELE PACK+
- The Bipolar 5 mm Office Resectoscope
- Rapid Tissue Ablation with a Small Diameter
- VITOM® – Visualization System for Gynecology
- Visualization of the Lymphatic System in Gynecology with OPAL1® NIR/ICG Technology
- KECKSTEIN Uterine Manipulator
- SCHÄR Manipulator
- The New Trocar Generation from KARL STORZ
In-house Training Workstations from KARL STORZ with the GESEA Concept
Endoscopic training possibilities directly in the clinic
The steady progress in minimally invasive surgical techniques requires ongoing training and professional development of surgeons and adequate opportunities for practice.
Supported by KARL STORZ, the European Academy of Gynaecologic Surgery (EAGS) developed the so-called Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgical Education and Assessment Program (GESEA). Theoretical knowledge is offered free of charge and practical skills in laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are trained to ensure patient safety and the best possible surgical outcome.* The required training equipment is provided by KARL STORZ as a complete package.
- Scientifically validated training program from the European Academy of Gynaecologic Surgery (EAGS)
- Documentation of self-assessment possible
- All from one source
For further information: https://europeanacademy.org/certification/gesea-programme/
*study Campo et al., Gynaecological endoscopic surgical education and assessment. A diploma programme in gynaecological endoscopic surgery
The Solution for Outpatient Settings – TELE PACK+
Outsourcing smaller procedures frees up OR capacity for larger operations. This trend towards ambulatory care requires a compact and flexible system with high image quality. The new TELE PACK+ ALL-IN-ONE system meets these demands. It combines a monitor, LED light source, FULL HD camera control unit and documentation unit with integrated network functionality in a single portable unit. The new COR mobile stand offers a suitable solution for the office in the form of a compact equipment cart. This set-up can be used for many ambulatory interventions such as, for example, office hysteroscopy, colposcopy or cystoscopy.
- Image display in FULL HD quality
- 18.5" touch screen monitor with on-screen keyboard
- Documentation with storage possibilities on USB memory devices or 50 GB internal memory
- Network functionality in combination with the software tool SCENARA® .connect for the export and import of patient data in/out of HIS/PACS
- Compatibility with rigid, flexible and single-use endoscopes from KARL STORZ
- Modular configuration of the COR mobile stand
The Bipolar 5 mm Office Resectoscope
In addition to bipolar resectoscopes with diameters of 7 mm and 9 mm, KARL STORZ now offers a 5 mm resectoscope. Due to its small diameter, this resectoscope offers the possibility to perform resection outside the OR. Infertility patients or those suffering from abnormal bleeding can thus be treated in the doctor’s office or clinical outpatient setting, even without anesthesia. Together with the AUTOCON® III 400 HF generator, effective resection, coagulation or vaporization is achieved.
- Minimal outer diameter
- Optimized procedure time*
- Enhanced safety, accessibility and patient satisfaction*
- Possible to perform resection in the doctor’s office or clinical outpatient setting, even without anesthesia
- Little or even no dilation required
- Optional use as a diagnostic hysteroscope in conjunction with semirigid 5 Fr. instruments
- Real bipolar system with current not returned via the sheath
Rapid Tissue Ablation with a Small Diameter
6 mm Intrauterine BIGATTI Shaver (IBS®) with ENDOMAT® SELECT
With an optical system that features an outer diameter of only 6 mm, the Intrauterine BIGATTI Shaver (IBS®) is inserted into the minimally dilated cervix with the help of a tapered obturator. The 4 mm shaver blade allows the immediate removal of intrauterine pathologies outside the OR. The IBS® is an effective, precise and safe alternative to a conventional resectoscope.*
- No thermal damage to tissue thanks to the purely mechanical removal of polyps, myomas or placental remnants
- Resected tissue is immediately suctioned via the ENDOMAT® SELECT and collected in a tissue trap
- Minimal outer diameter
- Optimized procedure time**
- Enhanced safety, accessibility and patient satisfaction**
- The only fully reusable hysteroscopic shaver system
VITOM® – Visualization System for Gynecology
With its depth of field, magnification, contrast and color reproduction, the VITOM® system offers good prerequisites for the visualization of colposcopic findings, conization as well as vaginal and open surgical interventions. Furthermore, the VITOM® system magnifies the surgical site and clearly displays the epithelial border, e.g., during loop excision.
- 7.5x to 15x magnification of images during colposcopy or conization
- Integrated green filter
- Suitable for training, documentation or streaming of interventions
- Good illumination of the image field thanks to the integrated illuminator
- Compatible with various endoscopic camera systems (e.g., IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA)
Visualization of the Lymphatic System in Gynecology with OPAL1® NIR/ICG Technology
In gynecology, the degree of tumor involvement in the sentinel lymph node (SLN) is of great importance as it provides medical information about the tumor stage.
IMAGE1 S™ 4U Rubina combines 4K imaging technology with fluorescence imaging in the near infrared range for the display of indocyanine green (ICG) and for autofluorescence.
OPAL1® NIR/ICG technology and the marker indocyanine green (ICG) enables non-radioactive visualization of the entire lymph system surrounding a tumor in real time.
- Non-radioactive lymph node detection method in the case of vulvar, endometrial, cervical or mammary carcinoma
- Multidisciplinary, can be used for laparoscopic and open surgical procedures
- OPAL1® technology for NIR/ICG based on the IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA camera platform
- Laser-free LED source for white light and NIR/ICG excitation
- S-Technologies in white light and the overlay modes Overlay and Intensity Map
KECKSTEIN Uterine Manipulator
The KECKSTEIN uterine manipulator is useful for gynecological-laparoscopic surgery. Anteflexion and retroflexion of both the distal tip and the cap enables presentation of the operative field during hysterectomy as well as organ-preserving surgery, e.g. in the case of endometriosis. Various configurable inserts, also for interventions in reproductive medicine, offer the operating surgeon diverse applications.
- Anteflexion and retroflexion of the distal tip and the cap for visualization of the operative field
- Reusable seal for colpotomy during Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Atraumatic inserts for organ-preserving interventions
The instrument for laparoscopic descensus surgery
For laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy, a standard surgical procedure used to treat various forms of prolapses characterized by a descensus of the vaginal vault or uterus, KARL STORZ now offers a multifunctional instrument – the SCHÄR manipulator. Thanks to the variable adjustable working insert, it provides support for performing the following procedures:
- Supracervical hysterectomy (LASH)
- Sacrocervicopexy surgery following supracervical hysterectomy
- Sacrocolpopexy of the vaginal stump following hysterectomy
- Sacrohysteropexy (sacrocolpopexy with uterine preservation)
The flat shape of the manipulator allows visualization and dissection of the front and back walls of the vagina in order to fixate the mesh with a suture.
The New Trocar Generation from KARL STORZ
The new trocar generation combines single-use and reusable components. In line with the KARL STORZ company philosophy, the cannulas and trocars were designed with reusable components in mind. The valve seal is intended for single use.
- One-piece sealing system for single use, now also available in a sterile version
- Minimal friction between the valve seal and the instrument
- Considerably reduced weight and good balance thanks to the newly designed plastic trocar housing
- Color coding for clear identification of the different sizes
- Available in sizes 2.5 mm – 13.5 mm
For laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy (LASH)
The SUPRALOOP was specially designed to support the operating surgeon when removing the body of the uterus during LASH.
- Shorter operating time thanks to quick removal of the body of the uterus with unipolar probes
- Loop available in two sizes
- Reusable handle and outer sheath