- The New HOPKINS® Rubina® NIR/ICG Telescopes
- EndoCAMeleon® Telescope with Variable Direction of View
- S-PILOT® – modular smoke evacuation system
- CLICKline® Laparoscopic Instruments
- CLICKline Single-use Scissors
- Instrument Set for Minilaparoscopy
- NATHANSON Liver Retractors
- Retractors for Laparoscopic Colorectal Procedures
- Needle Holder with Righting Function
- Flexible Video-Choledochoscopes
- ENDOBAG Extraction Bags
- Flexible Choledocho-Fiberscopes
- KARL STORZ Suction and Irrigation Systems
- Surgical Sponge Holder
- KARL STORZ KOH Macro Needle Holder, dismantling
- BERCI Fascial Closure Instrument
The New HOPKINS® Rubina® NIR/ICG Telescopes
The new Rubina® NIR/ICG telescopes with HOPKINS® rod lens system feature excellent image quality. The telescopes’ strengths lie in optimizing focus on the tissue of interest and illuminating the surgical field. Optical system specially designed for use in combination with the IMAGE1 S™ 4U Rubina® and the POWER LED Rubina® light source.
- Optimized illumination of the surgical field
- No refocusing required when switching between white light and NIR modes
- Selection of different angles of view, e.g. 0°, 30°, and 45°
- Available in diameters 5 mm and 10 mm
EndoCAMeleon® Telescope with Variable Direction of View
The ENDOCAMELEON® HOPKINS® telescope with rod lens system and a rigid 10 mm sheath offers a variable direction of view. The viewing direction can thus be adjusted to fit any surgical situation.
- Direction of view can be adjusted between 0° - 90°
- Enhanced illumination*
- Control wheel for setting the desired direction of view, now with fin
- Combines the convenient handling of the proven HOPKINS® telescopes with the advantages and potential of a telescope offering various directions of view
- Particularly well suited for anatomically tight spaces
*in comparison with previous models
S-PILOT® – modular smoke evacuation system
As an early pioneer in laparoscopy, KARL STORZ has consistently worked to advance the state of the art. A great example is the S-PILOT® modular smoke evacuation management system, with in-line filtration and options for both active and passive applications. Recent guidance from SAGES and EAES recommends “For MIS procedures, use of devices to filter released CO2 for aerosolized particles should be strongly considered”.
While KARL STORZ has not specifically tested the use of KARL STORZ smoke evacuation devices and SARS-CoV-2, there are data on KARL STORZ filters and its effectiveness against other bacteria and viruses.
The filter efficiency of KARL STORZ filters was tested using the most common test methods with microorganisms known as “Virus Filtration Efficiency (VFE)” and “Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE)”. These types of tests are considered to be the most similar to clinical scenarios. A test aerosol with a mean particle size of 3 +/- 0.3 µm and a virus bacteriophage ɸX174 of 0.027 µm (at VFE) or bacteria Staphylococcus aureus (at BFE) were used. Test results confirmed a filter efficiency of more than 99.9999 %.1,2
The Most Penetrating Particle Size is typically in a range of 0.1-0.3 µm. These particles are the most difficult to trap by the filter. The test aerosol DEHS (= Di-2-Ethylhexyl-Sebacat) with a size of 0.3 µm was therefore used for non-microbiological tests. A filter efficiency of more than 99.9994 % was achieved.3
Contact your local KARL STORZ representative for a solution that meets your individual needs or for more details regarding the smoke evacuation portfolio available.
The S-PILOT® with in-line filtration is part of the extensive array of KARL STORZ products designed in consultation with active laparoscopic surgeons. The complete repertoire covers the full range of diagnostic and surgical laparoscopic procedures for adult and pediatric patients.
1 Nelson Laboratories Inc., Salt Lake City, USA: “Virus Filtration Efficiency Test (VFE) at an Increased Challenge Level” Lab. No. 846021-S01, 07 Dec. 2015 (internal reference: SAP ID 300000338072).
2 Nelson Laboratories Inc., Salt Lake City, USA: “Bacterial Filtration Efficiency Test (BFE) at an Increased Challenge Level” Lab. No. 846022-S01, 02 Dec. 2015 (internal reference: SAP ID 300000338073).
3 GVS Filter Technology UK, Lancashire LA3 3EN, UK: Activity Report REP: 0698/16, 21. January 2016 (internal reference: SAP ID 300000351254).
CLICKline® Laparoscopic Instruments
Rotatable, disassemblable, laparoscopic instruments
The CLICKline® series continues the development of instruments which have proven their value for years. When the rear handle is positioned horizontally, the handle can be separated from the outer sheath and the working insert at the press of a button. The HF connection is mounted at a 45°angle on the upper side of the handle, thereby guiding the high frequency cable away from the field of operation.
- Precision craftsmanship
- Design your own instruments from thousands of possible combinations
- Modular components
- Manufacturer’s warranty
Available in size 2 to 10 mm, CLICKline® instruments can be completely disassembled into separate components:
- Outer sheath/outer sheath with working insert
- Working insert
CLICKline Single-use Scissors
The single-use scissor inserts can be combined with all reusable handles in the KARL STORZ CLICKLINE series, providing a practical solution for regular use or as a backup system.
- Inserts packaged sterile in individual blister packs and delivered in packages of 10 in a dispenser box
- Proven scissor blade designs
- Cost-effective solution: "single-use meets re-usable"
- Color coding allows clear identification of the single-use components
Instrument Set for Minilaparoscopy
Minilaparoscopy – alone or in hybrid procedures with standard instruments (5 mm diameter) has become a popular surgical method because users can master it quickly and patients enjoy enhanced cosmetic results.
- Complete instrument set for minilaparoscopy (3.5 mm diameter): trocars, unipolar and bipolar instruments, suction-irrigation systems, suture and ligature instruments
- Modular concept: CLICKLINE instruments can be disassembled into three parts, allowing better hygiene and variability
- Diverse combination possibilities thanks to a wide range of jaws with various outer sheaths and CLICKLINE handles
- Rotating bipolar instruments (3.5 mm diameter)
Rotating Bipolar Grasping Forceps and Scissors in sizes 3.5 mm and 5 mm
The ROBI® instruments allows precise work on tissue. The enhanced instrument design and the materials used ensure the highe mechanical stability.
- Available in sizes 3.5 and 5 mm
- Ideal in combination with the high-end AUTOCON® III 400 HF unit
- Can be disassembled into individual components
Retractors for Laparoscopic Colorectal Procedures
Advanced laparoscopic surgery and particularly laparoscopic rectal surgery are extremely technically challenging.
One of the key requirements for successfully performing these procedures while respecting oncological principles is optimal exposure and, consequently, good visualization of the surgical site.
- Helps to display the various structures in difficult anatomical situations (particularly in obese male patients)
- Various retractor shapes for different anatomies
- Robust design
- Easy to use thanks to angle adjustment dial
Needle Holder with Righting Function
KARL STORZ has expanded its portfolio to include a new needle holder with a needle righting function. The needle, which is clamped flat in the needle holder, can be raised in the site by means of the rotary wheel.
- Righting function for the clamped needle via the rotary wheel
- Axial handle
- The precisely settable ratchet facilitates secure positioning of the needle
The flexible video choledochoscopes from KARL STORZ allow exploration of both the intra- and extrahepatic bile ducts as well as the surgical removal of gallstones.
- "Chip-on-the-tip" technology for high image quality
- integrated LED light source
- Compatible with the IMAGE1 S™ platform
- available in the sizes 5.3 mm and 2.8 mm (outer diameter)
- Menu navigation via camera head (e.g., Picture-in-Picture)
- Hand movements transmitted directly through to the distal end
ENDOBAG Extraction Bags
- Each extraction bag pre-packaged in an insertion aid for insertion through a 10 mm trocar
- Once the insertion aid is removed, the trocar is free to use with other instruments
- Memory wire for opening and closing the extraction bag
- Smaller-diameter container section of the bag for straightforward ENDOBAG retrieval through the incision
- Transparent material
- Available in 2 sizes:
- Work volume 260 ml, filling volume 62 ml
- Work volume 200 ml, filling volume 53 ml
The flexible choledocho-fiberscopes from KARL STORZ allow the exploration of intra- and extrahepatic bile ducts as well as the surgical removal of gallstones.
- Large working channel allows irrigation while a stone basket is used
- Large field of view and wide range of distal tip deflection facilitate orientation and positioning even if the bile duct is very tortuous
- Long service life ensured by robust design and sturdy mechanical components
- Compatible with all KARL STORZ camera systems
KARL STORZ Suction and Irrigation Systems
KARL STORZ offers a wide range of suction and irrigation systems. Diverse combination possibilities for handles as well as suction and irrigation tubes can be selected to achieve the desired suction or irrigation results. The appropriate tubing systems are also available from KARL STORZ.
- A broad range of suction and irrigation tubes available in various lengths and diameters allows the user to select KARL STORZ suction and irrigation systems to meet individual needs.
- The modular system allows KARL STORZ handles to be combined with various suction and irrigation tubes as well as tubing sets.
- Suction and irrigation systems provide powerful suction and irrigation thanks to the customary KARL STORZ high quality standards.
Discover our range of suction and irrigation systems and assemble your preferred KARL STORZ suction and irrigation system.
Surgical Sponge Holder
The surgical sponge holder from KARL STORZ is available in two different sizes (5 mm and 10 mm) and can be used for blunt exposition and dissection in laparoscopic surgery.
- Easy sponge fixation (self-retaining)
- Available in sizes 5 mm and 10 mm
- Also suitable for blunt exposition and dissection
- The clamped sponge can also be used intraoperatively for cleaning soiled trocar seals
KARL STORZ KOH Macro Needle Holder, dismantling
The dismantling KOH macro needle holder (diameter 5 mm) consists of three individual parts: Handle, outer sheath and working insert. A choice of six different handles and four different working inserts allows an individual configuration of the needle holder – depending on the surgeon’s preferences.
- The tungsten carbide inserts ensure stable, secure holding of the needle and suture material while still being highly resistant
- The smooth-running, precisely settable ratchet facilitates secure positioning of the needle
- The ergonomic design of the handles allows relaxed and precise work
- Even better cleaning results as the instrument can be dismantled into three parts: Handle, outer sheath and working insert
- Thanks to the modular design, only the component with the defect needs to be replaced in the event of damage – an environmentally friendly and cost-efficient solution
BERCI Fascial Closure Instrument
To prevent the risk of hernia, large trocar sites should be closed after laparoscopic interventions. KARL STORZ offers a special reusable fascial closure instrument for this purpose.
- A simple, cost-effective solution for trocar site closures
- Integrated grasping forceps facilitate the passing and retrieval of sutures during wound closure
- Another possible application in laparoscopic hernia surgery for the fixation of the synthetic mesh to the abdominal wall