KARL STORZ offers comprehensive service from a single source that meets the highest quality standards and lets you focus on what matters most: the well-being of your patients.
We strive to make our products precise and enjoyable to use at all times, and we want you to be able to count on proven KARL STORZ quality.
This is why we have supplemented our products with an innovative, modular service program that we tailor to your individual needs.
The increasing use of diverse high-technology and high-investment products in everyday clinical routines makes instrument management and maintenance more complex. Moreover, there is great demand for state-of-the art products and a desire to keep up to date on advances in medical technology.
Our KARL STORZ repair service offers original manufacturer quality to ensure that every product sent to us is restored to its original performance parameters.
To this end, the repair service offers two options.
After submitting the defective product for repair, the customer receives an original KARL STORZ replacement product within a very short period of time.
After submitting the defective product for repair, we will individually repair the specific damage. After careful assessment of the actual damage, the cost of the repair is calculated based on the work involved.
The original performance parameters are restored thanks to the use of original KARL STORZ spare parts.
Technical Customer Service
We offer on-site service, with our field-service employees acting as your personal contacts. Additionally, the technical hotline serves as a contact for all phone inquiries. Our technical back office supports this hotline with product expertise. It is the link between our service, development, and product management departments.
Analysis and Consultation – Added Value for you and your Instruments
Comprehensive inventory management
To facilitate a smooth workflow in the practice and the OR, it is essential that the right instruments, endoscopes and light cables are ready for use in the right place at the right time. KARL STORZ answers your questions about tray optimization. The process is conducted on three levels:
Tray audit: A function test and an inventory check is performed on your instruments and telescopes, regardless of manufacturer
Analysis: Detailed tray lists and inventories form the basis for comprehensive evaluations and recommendations
Optimization: Joint development and integration of a new, optimized inventory for your instrumentation
Qualification and training
Training is the basis for value preservation of endoscopic equipment as well as for system availability. Ultimately the availability of the endoscopic equipment rises as users have greater knowledge of the equipment.
This training offers the following benefits:
- Confident handling of endoscopes and instruments for their smooth and reliable use
- Ability to identify defects and to determine repairs required
- Information on the proper cleaning, reprocessing, maintenance and storage of instruments
- Basic knowledge about commissioning, safety checks, and maintenance of equipment
KARL STORZ Service Contracts
Flexible contract models – from a single source
KARL STORZ not only provides customers with high-quality products but is also continually searching for ways and means to make work with KARL STORZ products as convenient as possible. KARL STORZ – as your service partner – wishes to relieve you from the burden of non-medical matters and has therefore developed a service contract concept that offers an exclusive service:
- Maximum product availability
- All services from a single source
- The best possible patient safety
- Long-term value preservation of products/investments
- Modular and customized service packages
- Efficient processing (no cost estimate approval required)
- Risks partially assumed by KARL STORZ if above budget
- Complete reimbursement if below budget
- On-site consultation/hotline/training
- Fixed price model for telescopes as an alternative to the damage classification level system
- Repair exchange or repair replacement
- Upgrade to latest product technology
- Third-party product exchange
- Product group exchange
- Detailed analysis of the repair volume
- Reduced administrative burden thanks to monthly installments instead of single invoicing
- Risks partially assumed by KARL STORZ if above budget or reimbursement if below budget
We offer the service contract Premium for products with patient contact as well as products used in patient proximity.
In the context of a maintenance contract, KARL STORZ service technicians perform a once yearly maintenance of the customer’s devices or OR1™ installation(s). Preventive maintenance reduces downtime and ensures long-term value preservation. The annual maintenance includes:
- Regular safety check
- Technical safety checks
- Overall function check of individual serviced objects
- Documentation of performed testing, work, and the achieved results for each individual serviced object
- Final report and recommendations
The KARL STORZ Software Maintenance Service Contract offers comprehensive operator support for KARL STORZ software products to ensure the highest safety, maximum availability, and long-term value preservation:
- Software maintenance reduces the risk of malfunctions or system failures to a minimum
- Automatic transmission of patches and setup of workarounds prevents or eliminates malfunctions as quickly as possible
- The provision of software updates and upgrades for the respective system ensures future function and reduces potential new investments
Process Consultation for Reprocessing Medical Products
Only correctly processed medical products are safe
Hygiene is a fundamental component of the entire health care process and, therefore, requires a high degree of professional competence and responsibility from all parties involved. The goal must be to provide suitable procedures for cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization that can be implemented in the daily routine and that take all valid standards and regulations for each individual instrument into consideration.
The focus is on:
- Legal and regulatory requirements for reprocessing medical products
- The safety of patients, users and third parties
- Lowering the status of contamination to unavoidable residual risks