The New HOPKINS® Rubina NIR/ICG Telescopes
The new RUBINA NIR/ICG telescopes with HOPKINS® rod lens system feature excellent image quality. The telescopes’ strengths lie in optimizing focus on the tissue of interest and illuminating the surgical field. Optical system specially designed for use in combination with the IMAGE1 S™ 4U RUBINA and the POWER LED RUBINA light source.
- Optimized illumination of the surgical field
- No refocusing required when switching between white light and NIR modes
- Selection of different angles of view, e.g. 0°, 30°, and 45°
- Available in diameters 5 mm and 10 mm
Retractors for Laparoscopic Colorectal Procedures
Advanced laparoscopic surgery and particularly laparoscopic rectal surgery are extremely technically challenging.
One of the key requirements for successfully performing these procedures while respecting oncological principles is optimal exposure and, consequently, good visualization of the surgical site.
- Helps to display the various structures in difficult anatomical situations (particularly in obese male patients)
- Various retractor shapes for different anatomies
- Robust design
- Easy to use thanks to angle adjustment dial
IMAGE1 S™ 4U Rubina – The new 4K-NIR/ICG platform
IMAGE1 S™ 4U RUBINA combines 4K imaging technology with fluorescence imaging in the near infrared range for the display of indocyanine green (ICG) as well as autofluorescence. The technology features very good image quality as well as new NIR/ICG fluorescence modes. The new modes, e.g. the superimposed NIR/ICG signal in the white light image, provide the user with valuable information. In addition, IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA offers an intensity map of the NIR/ICG signal as well as a pure near infrared mode in monochromatic display for the clear delineation of structures.
- Native 4K image resolution with excellent image brightness as well as rich color and detail
- OPAL1® NIR/ICG technology with new functionalities
- S-Technologies in white light and the Overlay and Intensity Map overlay modes
- Enhanced* NIR/ICG telescopes and new models in 45°, 5 mm and 10 mm diameter
- Laser-free LED light source for white light and NIR/ICG excitation
*in comparison with previous models
Further information on fluorescence imaging is available here.
The selective administration of ICG assists the identification of various liver segments during partial liver resection in both laparoscopic and open surgical procedures. Partial liver resection requires a sound knowledge of the existing course of the vessel and the boundaries of the individual segments while taking the diverse anatomical features of the blood vessels into consideration:
- The tumor is localized pre- or intraoperatively aided by CT, MRI and ultrasound techniques
- ICG is injected into the supply vessel of the segment
- Fluorescence allows easy differentiation of the affected segment from the adjacent non-fluorescing segments
ICG fluorescence can also help to detect bile leakage following liver segmentectomy or liver transplantation procedures.
S-PORT® is a single-port platform that is suitable for performing hybrid procedures (LAP / Single Port) where the single-port entry can also be used as an extraction site.
- Modular system
- Freedom of movement thanks to four working portals
- Platform for precise control of telescopes and instruments
- Possibility to extract resected tissue
- Cost-effective and reusable, except for the wound protector
- Can be combined with ROTATIP® instruments featuring jaw and sheath rotation
CLICKline Single-use Scissors
The new single-use scissor inserts can be combined with all reusable handles in the KARL STORZ CLICKLINE series, providing a practical solution for regular use or as a backup system.
- Inserts packaged sterile in individual blister packs and delivered in packages of 10 in a dispenser box
- Proven scissor blade designs
- Cost-effective solution: "single-use meets re-usable"
- Color coding allows clear identification of the single-use components
Rotating Bipolar Grasping Forceps and Scissors in sizes 3.5 mm and 5 mm
The new generation of ROBI® instruments allows precise work on tissue. The enhanced instrument design and the materials used ensure the highest mechanical stability.
- Available in sizes 3.5 and 5 mm
- Ideal in combination with the high-end AUTOCON® III 400 HF unit
- Large selection of grasping forceps and scissors
- Can be disassembled into individual components
Needle Holder with Righting Function
KARL STORZ has expanded its portfolio to include a new needle holder with a needle righting function. The needle, which is clamped flat in the needle holder, can be raised in the site by means of the rotary wheel.
- Righting function for the clamped needle via the rotary wheel
- Axial handle
- The precisely settable ratchet facilitates secure positioning of the needle
ENDOBAG Extraction Bags
- Each extraction bag pre-packaged in an insertion aid for insertion through a 10 mm trocar
- Once the insertion aid is removed, the trocar is free to use with other instruments
- Memory wire for opening and closing the extraction bag
- Smaller-diameter container section of the bag for straightforward ENDOBAG retrieval through the incision
- Transparent material
- Available in 2 sizes:
- Work volume 260 ml, filling volume 62 ml
- Work volume 200 ml, filling volume 53 ml