Retractors for Laparoscopic Colorectal Procedures
Advanced laparoscopic surgery and particularly laparoscopic rectal surgery are extremely technically challenging.
One of the key requirements for successfully performing these procedures while respecting oncological principles is optimal exposure and, consequently, good visualization of the surgical site.
The near-infrared (NIR/ICG) system from KARL STORZ provides visualization beyond the tissue surface. Near-infrared (NIR) technology makes it possible to visualize the distribution of the fluorescent contrast agent indocyanine green (ICG), which enables enhanced visualization of anatomical structures such as the biliary ducts, the lymphatic system and blood vessels.
- Fluorescence mode with background illumination
- Rapid switchover via footswitch between white light and ICG modes
- Telescopes for endoscopic and open surgical interventions (VITOM®)
- In addition to 10 mm telescopes, telescopes with a diameter of 5 mm (0° and 30°) are also available now
- Optimal illumination and contrast enhancement thanks to the IMAGE1 S™ camera platform
Now with new imaging option: Choice between green and blue fluorescence coloring
The selective administration of ICG assists the identification of various liver segments during partial liver resection in both laparoscopic and open surgical procedures. Partial liver resection requires a sound knowledge of the existing course of the vessel and the boundaries of the individual segments while taking the diverse anatomical features of the blood vessels into consideration:
- The tumor is localized pre- or intraoperatively aided by CT, MRI and ultrasound techniques
- ICG is injected into the supply vessel of the segment
- Fluorescence allows easy differentiation of the affected segment from the adjacent non-fluorescing segments
ICG fluorescence can also help to detect bile leakage following liver segmentectomy or liver transplantation procedures.
For fog-free work and brilliant imaging
- No fogging of the endoscope, providing greater patient safety and reducing surgery time
- Convenient handling as no other heat source (electricity, warm water, etc.) is required
- Product is sterile on delivery and is ready for immediate use
- Two scopes can be heated in the warmer at the same time
- Available in two different sizes
- Can be used for approx. 2 hours after activation
CLICKline Single-use Scissors
The new single-use scissor inserts can be combined with all reusable handles in the KARL STORZ CLICKLINE series, providing a practical solution for regular use or as a backup system.
- Scissor blades are always sharp, resulting in optimal cutting effect
- Inserts sterile-packed in individual blister packs and delivered in packages of 10 in a dispenser box
- Proven scissor blade designs
- Cost-effective solution: “Single-use meets reusable”
- Color coding allows clear identification of the single-use components
Rotating Bipolar Grasping Forceps and Scissors in sizes 3.5 mm and 5 mm
The new generation of ROBI® instruments allows precise work on tissue. The enhanced instrument design and the materials used ensure the highest mechanical stability.
- Available in sizes 3.5 and 5 mm
- Robust joint mechanism in conjunction with the force limiter ensures powerful, yet safe grasping
- Ideal in combination with the new high-end HF unit AUTOCON® III 400 with a mode specially adapted to ROBI® instruments
- For optimal cleaning: Can be dismantled into individual components
Needle Holder with Righting Function
KARL STORZ has expanded its portfolio to include a new needle holder with a needle righting function. The needle holder offers significant time and handling advantages, especially for interrupted suturing. The needle, which is clamped flat in the needle holder, can be raised at the site by means of the rotary wheel.
- Righting function for the clamped needle by turning the rotary wheel
- The ergonomic handle design allows relaxed and precise work
- The smooth-running, precisely settable ratchet facilitates secure positioning of the needle
ENDOBAG Extraction Bags
- Each extraction bag pre-packaged in an insertion aid: easy insertion through 10 mm trocar
- Simple insertion of the extraction bag through the pusher. The trocar can then be used for other instruments
- Self-opening ENDOBAG: no time-consuming opening of the extraction bag
- Unique, patented shape: simplified retrieval of the ENDOBAG, in some cases preventing enlargement of the incision
- Tear-resistant and transparent material: high levels of safety and protection from contamination