- Diamond Standard: HOPKINS® Telescopes and Sheaths for Optimal Vision
- EndoCAMeleon® with Variable Direction of View
- VITOM® 3D – 3D Visualization for Hand and Plastic Surgery
- The New DrillCut-X® ARTHRO Shaver Handpiece
- ENDOMAT® SELECT – Meets Your Exact Requirements
- Techniques for Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Unique: Minimally Invasive Quadriceps Tendon
- SilCut® PRO Punches for Precise Interventions
- SHOULDER PRO® suture forceps
- SilGrasp® PRO Suture Graspers
- Even More Precise Hip Arthroscopy
- KLT – Knee Laxity Tester
- New Basic Instruments for Wrist Arthroscopy
- Rectangular Bone Tunnels for ACL Reconstruction
Diamond Standard: HOPKINS® Telescopes and Sheaths for Optimal Vision
KARL STORZ HOPKINS® telescopes are considered to be the best arthroscopes in the industry. The diverse product range covers all arthroscopic interventions while the unique rod lens system ensures excellent image quality with optimal brightness, contrast and detail properties.
The product range includes all well-established angles of view in arthroscopy:
• 0° • 30° • 70°
Arthroscopes with diameters ranging from 1 mm to 4 mm leave nothing to be desired. A selection of sheaths with various locking mechanisms, which are co-ordinated with HOPKINS® telescopes, ensures the safe locking of the telescope in the sheath.
EndoCAMeleon® with Variable Direction of View
A Revolution in Imaging
ENDOCAMELEON® ARTHRO is a multidirectional arthroscope that combines the existing HOPKINS® technology with a variable direction of view. This guarantees optimal image quality with ideal visualization. The desired direction of view can be adjusted between 15° and 90° during surgery. The ENDOCAMELEON® is particularly beneficial for working in tight joint spaces as the all-round view has been greatly enhanced.
- HOPKINS® telescope with unique rod lens system for optimal brightness and contrast
- Easy-to-use adjusting knob selects the desired direction of view (15° to 90°)
- Better visualization of difficult-to-reach anatomical structures
- Time-saving as portal changeover is reduced
VITOM® 3D – 3D Visualization for Hand and Plastic Surgery
The VITOM® 3D system provides many surgical disciplines with a revolutionary solution for the visualization of microsurgical and open surgical interventions. Application possibilities are similar to that of the operating microscope. The most important functions are controlled via the IMAGE1 PILOT which is mounted to the OR table in close proximity to the surgeon.
- Smaller, lighter and more compact than an operating microscope
- Lower acquisition costs and creates synergistic effects with endoscopy by using the same video tower – thus combining the benefits of endoscopy and microscopy
- Ergonomic work – the user is not confined to the eyepiece
- Improved workflow – the OR team can view the procedure in the same image quality as the surgeon
The New DrillCut-X® ARTHRO Shaver Handpiece
Performance Meets Ergonomics
The new DRILLCUT-X® ARTHRO shaver handpiece stands out due to its excellent cleanability and exceptional versatility. Another striking feature is its ergonomic design. Due to its small dimensions, the tool is suitable for use in both large and small joints. The shaver handpiece is controlled via the UNIDRIVE® S III ARTHRO console.
- Ergonomic design allows various hand positions
- Possible to lock blades in 4 positions (0°, 90°, 180°, 270°)
- Low-noise operation
- Handpiece weight of only 310 g allows fatigue-free work
ENDOMAT® SELECT – Meets Your Exact Requirements
ENDOMAT® SELECT for arthroscopy is a roller pump that regulates the irrigation of fluids according to the latest standards. ENDOMAT® SELECT for arthroscopy communicates effectively with the KARL STORZ shaver unit UNIDRIVE® S III Arthro. It also regulates the pressure and the flow rate to provide optimal imaging while maintaining joint distension. An optional feature is the BOOST mode that can be activated at any time. This provides temporary increase in pressure and irrigation inside the joint in order to stop bleeding.
ENDOMAT® SELECT has been designed as an interdisciplinary pump. Depending on individual preferences, the pump can be equipped with various software packages so that the unit can be used for either individual or multiple disciplines.
Benefits at a glance:
- User-friendly interface and simple handling thanks to tubing set for single hand control
- Rapid communication with the shaver unit
- Safe use thanks to tubing set recognition
- Seamless integration into existing systems
- Optional software allows further applications to be added at any time
Techniques for Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
A Portfolio for all Demands
Products and techniques that set a new standard in established arthroscopic knee surgery were successfully developed in collaboration with well-known orthopedic specialists and trauma surgeons.
The versatile product range for anatomically correct reconstruction of the cruciate ligaments includes instruments for both the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments.
- Graft harvesting and preparation: Offers optimal harvesting and preparation of all common grafts
- Tunnel placement: A large selection of aimers, drills and dilators ensures efficient tunnel placement
- Tibial and femoral fixation systems: Interference screws manufactured from ultramodern materials as well as fixation buttons made of titanium for femoral and tibial anchorage ensure excellent long-term results and patient satisfaction
Unique: Minimally Invasive Quadriceps Tendon
For Reconstruction of the Cruciate Ligaments and MPFL
The quadriceps tendon is used in cruciate ligament revision surgery and, more and more frequently, for the primary reconstruction of the anterior (ACL) and posterior (PCL) cruciate ligaments. The quadriceps tendon has also emerged as an ideal graft source for the reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL).
A special tendon harvesting system was designed to provide fast, safe and atraumatic tendon harvesting, featuring the following properties:
- Reproducible technique
- Easy and safe subcutaneous tendon harvesting
- Defined harvesting depth
- Attractive cosmetic results
The instrument set also enables quadriceps tendon harvesting for the anatomical reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL). One of the benefits of this technique is that the patella remains free of implant fixations and drill tunnels.
SilCut® PRO Punches for Precise Interventions
Unique Hygiene Concept for Easy and Efficient Instrument Cleaning
The hand instruments in the SILCUT® PRO product line set new standards in arthroscopic resection. Furthermore, KARL STORZ CLEANFIT® offers a cleaning concept that is yet another groundbreaking feature for hand instruments in arthroscopy.
SILCUT® PRO instruments stand out thanks to their precision, sharpness and perfect ergonomic design. The product range includes punches for large and small joints. In addition, the grasping forceps from the SILGRASP® PRO Line supplement this portfolio.
All demands of arthroscopic precision instruments kept in mind during the design and construction of the SILCUT® PRO range:
- Utmost precision thanks to an extremely flat profile
- Optimal cleaning thanks to integrated LUER-connector
- Optimized functional and ergonomic design
SHOULDER PRO® suture forceps
Effective Suture Management in Shoulder Arthroscopy
The new suture forceps expands the familiar SHOULDER PRO® line to offer the surgeon a wide range of instruments for successful and targeted soft tissue perforation. This results in optimized suture management in reconstructive surgery for the rotator cuff and shoulder instability.
TARPUN SHOULDER PRO® suture forceps
- Easy and atraumatic penetration of soft tissue with the sharp and extremely slender upward-opening jaws
- Simplified suture grasping thanks to hook integrated in the jaw
FETCHER SHOULDER PRO® suture forceps
- Efficient grasping of the suture anchor, without twisting the suture forceps, thanks to downward-opening jaws and large aperture angle
- Best possible and atraumatic tissue handling thanks to the extremely slender design of the curved jaw with an upward pointing instrument tip
- Available with straight jaws as well as jaws curved to the left and right
SilGrasp® PRO Suture Graspers
Effective Suture Management in Shoulder Arthroscopy
The new suture graspers expand the product portfolio for shoulder arthroscopy to enable successful suture management in reconstructive surgery for the rotator cuff and shoulder instability.
SILGRASP® PRO suture graspers
- Enables the grasping of suture material and soft tissue thanks to the slender, serrated and atraumatic jaws
- Reliable suture transportation thanks to special jaw design that prevents the suture from slipping out, even under strong traction
- Also suitable for knee arthroscopy
SILGRASP® PRO curved suture graspers
- Easier to grasp sutures that run parallel to the instrument thanks to jaws curved to the left or right
- Simplified suture grasping due to jaws with large aperture angle
Even More Precise Hip Arthroscopy
Perfect results thanks to new aimer and optimized instruments
As a pioneer in hip arthroscopy, we deliver the first aimer offering horizontal triangulation. In addition to standard vertical triangulation, this allows faster and more precise portal placement.
KARL STORZ also provides sharper knives for the capsule and labrum that save costs thanks to their reusability. These knives allow a minimally invasive incision of the joint capsule in the portal zone and are able to detach the acetabular labrum at the bony rim from the periphery to the center.
The new KARL STORZ suture forceps for hip arthroscopy features an even more stable tip and is designed for atraumatic work. An optimized suture grasper allows safe grasping of the suture thanks to the instrument geometry. The extra long foreign body forceps (a working length of 22 cm) makes it easier to access all areas. And the extra stable microfracture chisel with 90° curve adds the final touch to your instrument set.
Reach a greater level of surgical precision – with KARL STORZ instruments.
KLT – Knee Laxity Tester
Precise Measurement of the Stability of the Knee Joint
The Knee Laxity Tester (KLT) was developed to allow fast, straightforward, and reproducible instrumented stability testing. It meets the requirements for quantifying the drawer movement. The tester offers the following advantages:
- Rapid and easy calibration (zero calibration)
- Exact and fast measurement process
- High accuracy (± 0.1 mm)
Four important clinical tests can be performed with the KLT:
1. Lachman test
2. Spontaneous posterior drawer test in 90° flexion
3. Fixed posterior drawer test
4. Anterior drawer test in 90° Flexion
New Basic Instruments for Wrist Arthroscopy
Laying the Foundations for Precise and Efficient Work in Hand Surgery
As an anatomically small structure, the hand places great demands on instrument precision in wrist arthroscopy.
The arthroscopy and accessory sets from KARL STORZ are optimized to the demands of wrist arthroscopy.
- Brilliant visualization with KARL STORZ HOPKINS® arthroscopes, even in tight joint spaces
- Successful work on structures thanks to the extremely flat jaws of the SILCUT® PRO line
- The arthroscopy set is supplemented by an accessory set with standard instruments that are essential for precise wrist arthroscopy
Rectangular Bone Tunnels for ACL Reconstruction
Tunnel Placement for Enhanced Anatomic Footprint Coverage
The actual anatomy of the cruciate ligament insertion site gave rise to the idea of developing a system that supplements the quadriceps tendon-harvesting set and that enables the creation of rectangular bone canals for the femur and tibia.
- Optimized for using the quadriceps tendon
- Rectangular rasps and dilators for creating anatomical bone tunnels
- Tibial aimer for the creation of rectangular bone tunnels