- Looking for new endoscopy clients?
- EasyGO!® II Generation – Tubular System for Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- SILVER SCOPE® Veterinary Video Endoscopes
- As Every Detail Counts – Visibly Higher Resolution with the Flexible Uretero-Renoscopes FLEX-XC and FLEX-X2S
- New Basic Small Animal Arthroscopy Instrument Set
- ENDOMAT® SELECT – The Choice is Yours
- IMAGE1 S™ HX FULL HD Camera Head
- VITOM® 3D – 3D Visualization for Neurosurgery
- TELE PACK VET X LED
- New 6 mm lightweight trocars for small animals
- New Small Diameter Arthroscopy Knives
- Video Otoscope for Small Animals
- VETPUMP® 2 Suction and Irrigation Device
- C-MAC® Video System
- SMART SCOPE
- Multi-Purpose Rigid™ Telescope
- Laparoscopy, Thoracoscopy
- Vaginoscopy, Insemination
- VITOM® 25
Looking for new endoscopy clients?
Register at lapspay.com to start receiving FREE referrals for laparoscopy and other endoscopic procedures
- Lapspay.com educates pet owners on the application and benefit of endoscopy in veterinary medicine
- Pet owners can search for vets in their area who offer endoscopy
- Registration is free
EasyGO!® II Generation – Tubular System for Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- A wide range of applications for treating degenerative spine diseases at the lumbar and cervical levels
- The second, completely reworked generation provides significantly more working space and application possibilities
- Specially adapted telescopes and the high-resolution KARL STORZ FULL HD technology enable clear and distinct differentiation of anatomic structures
- Sequential dilation and the use of smaller trocar sizes can reduce muscle trauma and skin incision length
- Specially developed malleable drill handpieces for use with all trocar lengths
SILVER SCOPE® Veterinary Video Endoscopes
Extended lengths and small diameters are ideally suited for numerous veterinary applications in small and large animals
- Large working channel allows bigger biopsies and the use of larger instruments for foreign body retrieval
- KARL STORZ video endoscopes deliver brilliant and clear images
- Utilizes the same camera processor and light source as KARL STORZ rigid endoscopes and fiberscopes for more cost-effective use in veterinary practices with multiple endoscopy services
- Deflections ranging from 180° to 210° make it possible to visualize otherwise hard-to-reach areas
As Every Detail Counts – Visibly Higher Resolution with the Flexible Uretero-Renoscopes FLEX-XC and FLEX-X2S
KARL STORZ presents a new generation of flexible uretero-renoscopes that enables you to benefit from proven properties such as minimal sheath circumference, excellent torque stability and maneuverability – now combined with a noticeably higher image resolution.
During the course of product development, it was possible to maximize the image quality of the FLEX-XC video uretero-renoscope, while the number of fibers for the FLEX-X2S uretero-reno-fiberscope could be doubled. A wide range of optional accessories such as stone baskets, laser fibers and guide wires rounds off the product portfolio.
Video Uretero-Renoscope FLEX-XC:
- Now with 2.6x higher image resolution
- Larger, clearer images at high zoom levels
- Optimized visualization with S-Technologies
- Now with double fiber capacity
- True-to-detail image quality thanks to higher resolution
New Basic Small Animal Arthroscopy Instrument Set
As recommended by Dr. Brian Beale
- Basic set includes a range of instruments for performing the most common arthroscopic procedures in dogs and cats
- New designs and small dimensions enable instruments to fit into previously unreachable spaces
- Strong grasping power
- Developed in cooperation with Brian Beale, DVM, DACVS, Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists, Texas, USA
ENDOMAT® SELECT – The Choice is Yours
ENDOMAT® SELECT is an interdisciplinary roller pump for the irrigation or suction of fluids during surgical and diagnostic procedures.
Depending on customer preferences, the pump can be equipped with software packages so that it can be used for either individual or multiple disciplines.
Benefits at a glance:
- Cost-efficient pump as modular design supports basic functionality across various fields of application
- Extremely simple handling thanks to tubing set for single hand control
- Safe use thanks to tubing set recognition
- Seamless integration into existing systems
- Software allows fields of application to be expanded at any time
VITOM® 3D – 3D Visualization for Neurosurgery
The VITOM® 3D system provides many surgical disciplines with a revolutionary solution for the visualization of microsurgical and open surgical interventions. Application possibilities are similar to that of the operating microscope. The most important functions are controlled via the IMAGE1 PILOT which is mounted to the OR table in close proximity to the surgeon.
- Smaller, lighter and more compact than an operating microscope
- Lower acquisition costs and creates synergistic effects with endoscopy by using the same video tower – thus combining the benefits of endoscopy and microscopy
- Ergonomic work – the user is not confined to the eyepiece
- Improved workflow – the OR team can view the procedure in the same image quality as the surgeon
TELE PACK VET X LED
The complete mobile endoscopic video and documentation system
- Compatible with all types of endoscopes, including videoendoscopes, rigid telescopes, fiberscopes and exoscopes
- Integrates every component necessary for endoscopic imaging: camera, LED light source, monitor, insufflation pump and image capture
- Compact and lightweight, TELE PACK VET X LED is the ultimate solution for small spaces as well as easy transport and quick set-up for use in multiple examination rooms
- High performance LED light source assures bright and uniform illumination, with up to 30,000 hours of lamp life
- Image capture system stores still images and videos onto USB drives or SD memory card
New 6 mm lightweight trocars for small animals
Ribbed cannula reduces slippage out of the incision in the body wall
- For use with 5 mm instruments
- For use in dogs, cats and small exotic animals
- Available with either a blunt or sharp obturator
- Designed in cooperation with Professor David Twedt, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Video Otoscope for Small Animals
Improve your diagnosis of ear disease: treat the cause, not the symptoms
- Increases client satisfaction and compliance while increasing practice revenue
- Provides a precise means of assessment of treatment and follow-up, documentation of findings and client education
- Video otoscopic examinations during wellness check-ups are fast, easy and financially feasible for any practice
- Large working channel facilitates the use of instruments for taking biopsies, removing foreign bodies, polypectomy, as well as flushing and suctioning for thorough ear cleaning
- For use with all KARL STORZ video systems, including TELE PACK VET X LED, C-MAC® monitor and SMART SCOPE
VETPUMP® 2 Suction and Irrigation Device
Makes cleaning ears easier than ever before
- Facilitates thorough ear cleaning under sedation
- Separate regulation of irrigation pressure ensures precision and safety
- Versatile handpiece attaches to catheters, irrigation tubes or directly to endoscope or otoscope channel
- Bottles, tubing and handle are fully autoclavable
- VETPUMP® 2 can also be used for lavage and suction during gastroscopy and laparoscopy
C-MAC® Video System
Simple, portable and easy to use
- The C-MAC® monitor works with either a standard electrical power cord or with a battery for ease of use in the field or the clinic
- 7" wide view monitor with 1280 x 800 pixel resolution
- Documentation of still images (JPEG) and videos (MPEG4) on SD or USB flash drive
- Images and videos can be played back on either the integrated monitor, or on an external monitor
- Compact, lightweight design is ideal for small spaces
Multi-Purpose Rigid™ Telescope
Endoscopic technology today allows direct optically controlled access to numerous internal organs without surgical intervention.
The approaches are either through natural bodily openings or can be created by means of small incisions. With the HOPKINS® Telescope, a Multi-Purpose Rigid™ Telescope is available which, supplemented by the instrument set presented here, allows a full range of endoscopic applications.
Diagnostic otoscopy in veterinary medicine is one of the most important applications of endoscopes. Disorders of the external ear are common in dogs; the easy access an superior visualization afforded by this technique make otoendoscopy an ideal method of examination.
A rigid endoscope allows examination of the mitddle ear as well. KARL STORZ now offers a new veterinary otoscopy set consisting of an otoscope with 0° forward-view optic and a 3-way stopcock.
The shape and adapted length make it possible to carry out thorough examinations even in breeds of dogs with long aural passages. The instrument can also be used for treatment: flushing the ear canal, suction, removal of foreign bodies, myringotomy, etc.
Video Otoscopy provides a precise means of assessment of treatment and follow-up, and documentation of findings. The otoscopy set can also be used for oral and dental examination. For anesthetized patients, the Multi-Purpose Rigid Telescope can also be used.
For further information, click on "Multi-Purpose Rigid Telescope".
Rhinoscopy may be indicated in dogs and cats with nasal discharge, nasal obstruction, chronic sneezing, epistaxis, facial distortion, nasal pain, acute severe sneezing, reverse sneezing and abnormal radiographs. Both rigid and flexible endoscopes may be used for rhinoscopy.
Rigid lens systems, such as the Multi-Purpose Rigid Telescope offer the best optics, while flexible endoscopes with tip deflection permit post-rhinoscopy (visualization of the posterior nasal cavity by passing the insertion tube orally into the nasopharynx).
For rigid telescopes, we offer sheaths with working channels and flexible instruments for taking biopsies and removing foreign bodies. All sheaths have stopcocks for flushing or suction.
For the complete list of the instruments see "Multi-Purpose Rigid™ Telescope".
Bronchoscopy and tracheoscopy may be indicated in certain cases of bronchitis, coughing, pulmonary neoplasia, tracheal collapse, stridor and other abnormal breathing patterns. Both rigid and flexible endoscopes may be used.
Flexible endoscopes typically used for tracheobronchoscopy are available with 5.2 mm, 3.7 mm and 3.0 mm outer diameter.
Rigid bronchoscopes are available with a diameter of 2.9 mm and working length of 36 cm for cats and small dogs and with a diameter of 5.5 mm and working length of 54 cm for larger dogs.
Arthroscopy is rapidly gaining popularity among veterinary surgeons for both diagnosis and surgery in dogs with chronic lamness, joint pain, joint instability, swelling, crepitus and abnormal radiographic findings, including OCD, DJD and fragmented corinoids.
Telescopes ranging from 1.9 mm to 2.7 mm diameter are used in small animal arthroscopy. The most popular telescope, due to its versatility, is the 2.7 mm Multi-Purpose Rigid™ Telescope.
The most common indication for laparoscopy in the dog today is biopsy of the liver, kidney, pancreas or masses. Other diagnostic applications include evaluation of abdominal trauma, response to therapy, or abnormal radiographic findings. Laparoscopic surgery is also being performed currently, including ovariectomy, gastropexy, hernia repair and others.
The most common small animal laparoscope has a diameter of 5 mm. However, almost any size rigid telescope may be used for small animal laparoscopy, including the 2.7 mm Multi-Purpose Rigid™ Telescope and standard human laparoscopes, which are 10 mm in diameter. The same instrumentation can be used for thoracoscopy. Indications may include pleural effusion, pericardial effusion, mediastinal disease, abnormal radiographic findings, biopsies and others.
Urethrocystoscopy is indicated in a large number of small animal patients, including those presenting with chronic cystitis, pollakuria, hematuria, stranguria, incontinence, trauma, calculi and abnormal radiographs. Performing urethrocystoscopy in the variety of patients we see in small animal practice requires more than one endoscope. The most popular small animal cystoscope is the Multi-Purpose Rigid Telescope which is ideal for female dogs ranging from approximately 5-45 lbs .
For further Information click on Multi-Purpose Rigid Telescope.
Use of this telescope for cystoscopy in males requires either a perineal urethroscopy or the transabdominal approach. The transabdominal approach may also be indicated in females where urethral diameter is too small. Smaller rigid telescopes are available with HOPKINS® optics, diameter 1.9 mm.
The ideal endoscope for transurethral cystoscopy in male dogs is the Specialty Fiberscope with 3.0 mm diameter and extended length of 1 m. For larger female dogs, an extended length telescope with sheath diameter of 17 Fr. and 29 cm working length is used.
Upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy is perhaps the most widely indicated application of endoscopy in small animals. A partial list of indications includes regurgitation, dysphagia, salivation, nausea, vomiting, hematemesis, melena, anorexia, diarrhea, weight loss, hematochezia, fecal mucus and tenesmus.
Our new SILVER SCOPE® Veterinary Videoendoscopes with extended lengths, fine diameters and large biopsy channels are extremely versatile for applications in veterinary medicine.
Unifying state-of-the art technology, ergonomics and durability, our SILVER SCOPE® videoendoscopes consistently deliver images with unsurpassed clarity, brightness and depth of field. The new ergonomic design ensures an easy, comfortable grip to reduce fatigue. SILVER SCOPE® videoendoscopes incorporate the latest design innovations to reduce scope damage, minimizing downtime and reducing repair costs.
SILVER SCOPE® videoendoscopes utilize the same camera and light source as KARL STORZ rigid telescopes, flexible fiberscopes and exoscopes; an efficient and economical solution to all your endoscopy needs.
Indications for vaginoscopy and colposcopy (endoscopy of the cervix) include vaginal discharge, bleeding, masses, trauma, incontinence, foreign body removal and stranguria as well as artificial insemination.
The 2.7 mm "Multi-Purpose Rigid™ Telescope" is ideal for many of these procedures. In order to reach the cranial pole of the bladder in larger bitches, and for artificial insemination or hysteroscopy, an extended length HOPKINS telescope is recommended.
Exoscope for open surgery
The VITOM® 25 exoscope offers a revolutionary new way of displaying open surgical procedures in an ergonomic and high quality manner. Unlike a traditional endoscope, the VITOM® 25 is an “exoscope” which is placed at a distance of 25 to 75 cm from the surgical site, held securely in place by a holding device, giving the surgeon ample workspace.
The magnified image produced by the VITOM® 25 is viewed on a video monitor. This enables the surgeon and support staff to work together comfortably, significantly reducing surgeon fatigue, while the magnification of structures improves surgical precision and accuracy of diagnosis.
This system is ideal for teaching, as is allows for easy, magnified viewing of the surgery, which can also be transmitted to remote locations, without disruption of the procedure.
The ability to capture and archive images and videos of surgical procedures ensures that a detailed and accurate record of the diagnosis and treatment performed is recorded, while creating a valuable tool for training, education, re-examination at a later time, and sharing with clients and colleagues.
The VITOM® 25 works with any existing KARL STORZ video system.