Hysteroscopy in the diagnosis and therapy of intrauterine disorders is now standard procedure in clinics and, to an increasing extent, in outpatient settings and private practices. The miniaturization of hysteroscopes means that many procedures can now be performed outside the OR without general anesthesia. KARL STORZ has played a major role in this development and offers a number of "office" hysteroscopes with very small diameters.
Along with a product line for standard gynecological procedures using hysteroscopic and/or laparoscopic techniques, the KARL STORZ portfolio also includes endoscopes and specialized instruments for reproductive surgery and fetoscopy. Various amnioscopes for obstetrics complete our gynecology product range.
Many gynecological procedures today can be performed using laparoscopic surgical techniques. Our product range is constantly being expanded not only for standard procedures such as myoma enucleation or hysterectomies, but also to offer instruments for niches such as the creation of laparoscopic-assisted neovagina.
In-house Training Workstations from KARL STORZ with the GESEA Concept
Endoscopic training possibilities directly in the clinic
The steady progress in minimally invasive surgical techniques requires ongoing training and professional development of surgeons and adequate opportunities for practice.
Supported by KARL STORZ, the European Academy of Gynaecologic Surgery (EAGS) developed the so-called Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgical Education and Assessment Program (GESEA). Theoretical knowledge is offered free of charge and practical skills in laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are trained to ensure patient safety and the best possible surgical outcome.* The required training equipment is provided by KARL STORZ as a complete package.
- Scientifically validated training program from the European Academy of Gynaecologic Surgery (EAGS)
- Documentation of self-assessment possible
- All from one source
For further information: https://europeanacademy.org/certification/gesea-programme/
*study Campo et al., Gynaecological endoscopic surgical education and assessment. A diploma programme in gynaecological endoscopic surgery
The Solution for Outpatient Settings – TELE PACK+
Outsourcing smaller procedures frees up OR capacity for larger operations. This trend towards ambulatory care requires a compact and flexible system with high image quality. The new TELE PACK+ ALL-IN-ONE system meets these demands. It combines a monitor, LED light source, FULL HD camera control unit and documentation unit with integrated network functionality in a single portable unit. The new COR mobile stand offers a suitable solution for the office in the form of a compact equipment cart. This set-up can be used for many ambulatory interventions such as, for example, office hysteroscopy, colposcopy or cystoscopy.
- Image display in FULL HD quality
- 18.5" touch screen monitor with on-screen keyboard
- Documentation with storage possibilities on USB memory devices or 50 GB internal memory
- Network functionality in combination with the software tool SCENARA® .connect for the export and import of patient data in/out of HIS/PACS
- Compatibility with rigid, flexible and single-use endoscopes from KARL STORZ
- Modular configuration of the COR mobile stand
The Bipolar 5 mm Office Resectoscope
In addition to bipolar resectoscopes with diameters of 7 mm and 9 mm, KARL STORZ now offers a 5 mm resectoscope. Due to its small diameter, this resectoscope offers the possibility to perform resection outside the OR. Infertility patients or those suffering from abnormal bleeding can thus be treated in the doctor’s office or clinical outpatient setting, even without anesthesia. Together with the AUTOCON® III 400 HF generator, effective resection, coagulation or vaporization is achieved.
- Minimal outer diameter
- Optimized procedure time*
- Enhanced safety, accessibility and patient satisfaction*
- Possible to perform resection in the doctor’s office or clinical outpatient setting, even without anesthesia
- Little or even no dilation required
- Optional use as a diagnostic hysteroscope in conjunction with semirigid 5 Fr. instruments
- Real bipolar system with current not returned via the sheath