Instrument Set for Pyloromyotomy
KARL STORZ offers a complete instrument set for pyloromyotomy featuring instruments that are specifically designed for this indication.
Percutaneous pyloric knife with knife insert for single use:
- Optimal cutting every time
- Integrated ratchet mechanism allows the knife insert to be locked in 8 positions (1.5 mm steps) and extended to the desired length in a controlled manner in order to achieve the required cutting depth.
GEIGER Percutaneous Pyloric Grasper
- Grasping forceps for stabilizing the pylorus during pyloromyotomy
- The instrument set for pyloromyotomy also includes various pyloric spreaders and graspers that are suitable for both percutaneous applications and use with a trocar.
E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
The pilonidal sinus is an acute or chronic inflammatory process in the subcutaneous adipose tissue, often occurring in the sacrococcygeal region1. E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment – proceeds in two phases. In the first – diagnostic – phase, the sinus cavity and the sinus tracts are examined. The aim of the second – therapeutic – phase is to ablate the abscess cavity and to eliminate the fistula2. Both phases are performed under direct endoscopic control.
- E.P.Si.T. can be performed in an outpatient setting
- Ablation of the abscess cavity and elimination of the fistula under direct vision
- High patient satisfaction3
- Straightforward, safe, effective and reproducible method of treatment3
- Instruments can also be used to treat anal fistulas (VAAFT technique)
1 AWMF Summary of the S3 Guidelines 081/009: Sinus pilonidalis
2 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: A Prospective Multicentre Trial. P. Meinero et al., 2016
3 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment, Giarratano G et al., 2017
Brazilian and argentinean multicentric study in the surgical minimally invasive treatment of pilonidal cyst
Brazilian archives of digestive surgery 2019 Oct
Short-term outcomes of endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment
Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England 2019 Aug
The endoscopic treatment of pilonidal sinus disease: a short-term case-series study
Annals of Saudi Medicine 2019 May-Jun
Preliminary report on endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment in children: results of a multicentric series
Pediatric Surgery International 2018 Jun
Outcomes of endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment (EPSiT): a systematic review
Techniques in Coloproctology 2018 May
Endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment versus total excision with primary closure for sacrococcygeal pilonidal sinus disease in the pediatric population
Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2018 Oct
Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: Long-Term Results of a Prospective Series
Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 2017 Jul-Sep
Endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment: a prospective multicentre trial
Colorectal Disease: The Official Journal of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland 2016 May
Three-part Dismantling CLICKline Series for Pediatric Laparoscopic Surgery
The CLICKLINE instrument line (diameter 3.5 mm, length 20 cm) for pediatric laparoscopic surgery features great stability while its efficient, modular construction offers a high level of flexibility.
- Working length (20 cm) adapted to the special requirements of pediatric laparoscopy
- Modular concept: Instruments can be disassembled into three parts for maximum hygiene and variability
- Diverse combination possibilities thanks to a wide range of jaws with various outer sheaths and CLICKLINE handles
In addition to this instrument line (3.5 mm, three-part dismantling) we also offer 3 mm instruments with a length of 20 cm (two-part dismantling).
Further information can be found in the main Laparoscopy catalog and the online Laparoscopy catalog at www.karlstorz.com.