Bronchoscopy Instruments for Children
A practical set classification for the clinical routine
KARL STORZ offers instruments for pediatric bronchoscopy that are customized to the anatomy of children. This includes bronchoscopes in various sizes and lengths as well as optical forceps and accessories. To optimally structure our comprehensive product range for the benefit of our customers, we offer a total of three sets for foreign body removal in children. They are organized by age and corresponding tracheal diameter. Each set includes the appropriate bronchoscope sizes with a compatible telescope, optical forceps, and accessories. The instrument sets therefore offer everything needed for foreign body removal.
- Set 1: Age group 0-6 months
- Set 2: Age group 6 months – 6 years
- Set 3: Age group 6-14 years
Optical Forceps for Rigid Bronchoscopy
The KARL STORZ product range offers a large selection of rigid bronchoscopes with matching instruments. This includes optical forceps. Six model series in various lengths and sizes cover a wide variety of applications. With our new, patented sheath design and the modified handle with force limitation, KARL STORZ now offers an even more attractive product.
- Simplified cleaning due to new, patented design
- Improved tactile feedback when grasping soft foreign bodies
- Force limitation to protect from jaw fracture
Fluorescence Imaging in Thoracic Surgery
OPAL1® technology for NIR/ICG with the IMAGE1 S™ camera platform
For imaging with the fluorescent dye indocyanine green (ICG)*, KARL STORZ offers brilliant FULL HD imaging of the vascular and lymphatic systems for thoracic surgery. The NIR/ICG system offers additional visualization options, especially for anatomical segment resection.
- 5 and 10 mm telescopes with 0° and 30° directions of view available
- Xenon-based technology (no laser safety measures necessary)
- Switching between the white light and ICG modes possible at any time
- Optimal illumination and contrast enhancement
- Multidisciplinary applications, e.g., thoracic surgery, general and visceral surgery, gynecology, urology as well as reconstructive surgery
*Please verify that the fluorescent dye indocyanine green is approved for the respective indication in your country.