Easy and safe navigation with KARL STORZ
- High precision thanks to sensors in the instrument tips
- Compact design for easy integration into the OR
- User-friendly control concept with few interaction steps
- Planning and monitoring of risk structures with intraoperative Distance Control
- Automatic and reliable documentation of the navigated procedure
- Regular and free-of-charge software updates
NAV1™ electromagnetic Instruments
Precision meets cost-effectiveness
- Low follow-up costs thanks to reusable EM instruments in proven KARL STORZ quality: 30 usage cycles guaranteed!
- Display of complete instrument geometry in the patient’s radiological data
- Large range of navigated FESS standard instruments that can be used in parallel
ENT Navigation Software 5.6.0 with Intraoperative Manual Registration Refinement
The new software tool for precise navigation
Manual registration refinement following patient registration using landmarks or surface registration can be activated while navigation is in progress. Navigation is thereby not interrupted and the navigated instrument continues to be displayed. Following activation, an additional landmark can be set to adjust the registration accuracy.
Benefits of intraoperative manual registration refinement:
- Correction of inaccuracy – particularly depth inaccuracy
- Intraoperative setting and processing of landmarks without interrupting navigation
- Eliminates the need to set additional landmarks; these can be set intraoperatively at the position of the site where the inaccuracy is identified
- Possible to reject manual registration refinement at any time without interrupting navigation – navigation can continue with the initial patient registration
The new ENT Navigation Software Version 5.6.0 is available as an update on CD for all KARL STORZ navigation systems:
- NAV1™ electromagnetic
- NAV1™ optical
- NAV1™ pico
A KARL STORZ contact person will install the update directly on-site and demonstrate the new software tool “manual registration refinement”. All further software tools are retained and will continue to be used.
Following the software update, the new manual registration refinement tool can be used intraoperatively in order to optimize depth!