Telescopes for Heart Surgery
In video-assisted mitral valve surgery, 30° telescopes with a diameter of 5 or 10 mm are in standard use. The mitral valve and the surrounding tissue are visualized by means of an access through the right intercostal space and the right atrium.
For endoscopic atrial ablation, most surgeons use 0° telescopes with a diameter of 5 or 10 mm to visualize the surgical field. This allows accurate positioning of the ablation device.
Furthermore, KARL STORZ offers the ENDOCAMELEON® with a variable direction of view of 0° to 120°. This allows adjustment of the viewing direction to any OR situation. The rigid telescope is particularly suitable for use in anatomically narrow working spaces, for example, in minimally invasive mitral valve surgery and atrial ablation.
IMAGE1 S™ 3D – A Dimension Ahead
The IMAGE1 S™ 3D camera platform provides surgeons with excellent depth perception. Furthermore, the 3D stereoscopic imaging system is particularly valuable for activities that demand a high degree of spatial perception. Thanks to the modular system design, existing 2D systems can be upgraded to 3D.
- 3D system featuring video endoscopes with a diameter of 10 mm
- Easy toggle between 3D and 2D
- Easy integration into the IMAGE1 S™ platform
- Three innovative visualization technologies for easy tissue differentiation
- in 2D and 3D:
- CLARA: Homogeneous illumination
- CHROMA: Contrast enhancement
- SPECTRA*: Spectral color shift and switch
Provides type CF defibrillation protection when used with TIPCAM®1 S 3D LAP in conjunction with the IMAGE1 S™ camera control unit with CF-defib symbol on the connection port
* not for sale in the U.S.
VITOM® 3D – 3D Visualization for Open Heart Surgery
The VITOM® 3D system provides many surgical disciplines with a revolutionary solution for the visualization of microsurgical and open surgical interventions. Application possibilities are similar to that of the operating microscope. The most important functions are controlled via the IMAGE1 PILOT which is mounted to the OR table in close proximity to the surgeon.
- Small, light and compact
- Lower acquisition costs and creates synergistic effects with endoscopy by using the same video tower
- Ergonomic work
- Improved workflow – the OR team can view the procedure in the same image quality as the surgeon
- Provides type CF defibrillation protection when used with VITOM® 3D in conjunction with the IMAGE1 S™ camera control unit with CF-defib symbol on the connection port
Access Routes in Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
The intercostal space is intrinsically narrow. Consequently, a retractor should be slender yet sturdy enough to expand the ribs to a sufficient width without protruding too far into the portal. The slim design of the BISLERI MIC retractor meets these requirements. The bendable retractor arms and the movable blades allow ideal positioning on the thorax, regardless of the access route selected.
The trocar length of 6.5 cm, which is specifically designed to meet the needs of minimally invasive heart surgery, allows more straightforward use. Even when the trocar is completely inserted, there is still a sufficient distance maintained to the heart to avoid injuries. In addition, the 45° insufflation stopcock with the LUER-Lock connector allows the positioning of several trocars in neighboring intercostal spaces.
Reusable Retractors for Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting
KARL STORZ offers completely reusable systems for the minimally invasive endoscopic removal of the radial artery and the great saphenous vein in bypass surgery. These sets consist of a retractor and additional instrumentation.
- Resterilizable and completely reusable – providing significant cost savings
- Various models for artery and vein harvesting that are specifically adapted to the anatomy
- HOPKINS® telescope for visualization of the operative field in excellent image quality
- Long service life with a battery lifespan of up to 18 hours facilitates use in the OR
- Optimal wearing comfort due to balanced, lightweight design and ergonomic headband
- High-performance LED in combination with liquid lens technology for optimal depth illumination
- Luminous field can be focused using the focus ring – adjustable from 30-150 mm at a working distance of 400 mm
- Light intensity in maximum mode is 32,000 Lux (working distance 400 mm / illuminated field diameter 30 mm)