Your dedicated Contacts
Field of Expertise: General Surgery/Proctology
Field of Expertise: General Surgery/Proctology
Our featured products
- Visualization of Perfusion
- Rectoscope for Video Documentation – RECTOVISION® with Sliding Cap
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
- E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
- TEO® – Transanal Endoscopic Operations
- KARL STORZ SILVER SCOPE®
- CLICKline Single-use Scissors
- Needle Holder with Righting Function
- Retractors for Laparoscopic Colorectal Procedures
- S-PILOT® – modular smoke evacuation system
Visualization of Perfusion
Perfusion assessment is important in various medical disciplines. With IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA and ICG administration, ischemic areas, perfusion, and vascular structures can be displayed in real time, thereby enabling the surgeon to respond intraoperatively.
- Rapid perfusion assessment of a planned resection zone as well as of the subsequent anastomosis, e.g., in colon1 or esophageal resection and gastric bypass2
- Display of the cystic artery in cholangiography2
- Visualization of liver segments3
Multidisciplinary use in laparoscopic, endoscopic, and open surgery
1Koh et al., Fluorescent Angiography Used to Evaluate the Perfusion Status of Anastomosis in Laparoscopic Anterior Resection, 2016
2Boni et al., Clinical Applications of Indocyanine Green (ICG) Enhanced Fluorescence in Laparoscopic Surgery, 2015
3Diana M et al Superselective Intra-arterial Hepatic Injection of Indocyanine Green (ICG) for Fluorescence Image-guided Segmental Positive Staining: Experimental Proof of the Concept, 2017
KARL STORZ offers a wide range of rectoscopes in various sizes for rigid rectoscopy.
- Completely reusable, durable
- Illumination head with fiber optic light cable connector for illumination
- With the proper working attachment can also be utilized for video-assisted rectoscopy and documentation
Rectoscope for Video Documentation – RECTOVISION® with Sliding Cap
The combination of laparoscopic and rectoscopic technologies permits visualization and documentation of intraluminal conditions in patients undergoing coloproctological interventions. RECTOVISION® is intended for use in both outpatient settings and surgical departments.
- Clear, high-resolution display of even the finest details
- Fully reusable; long service life
- Can be used with all 10 mm telescopes – also in conjunction with NIR/ICG for intraluminal perfusion assessment
- Airtight Sliding Cap
E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
The pilonidal sinus is an acute or chronic inflammatory process in the subcutaneous adipose tissue, often occurring in the sacrococcygeal region1. E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment – proceeds in two phases. In the first – diagnostic – phase, the sinus cavity and the sinus tracts are examined. The aim of the second – therapeutic – phase is to ablate the abscess cavity and to eliminate the fistula2. Both phases are performed under direct endoscopic control.
- E.P.Si.T. can be performed in an outpatient setting
- Ablation of the abscess cavity and elimination of the fistula under direct vision
- High patient satisfaction3
- Straightforward, safe, effective and reproducible method of treatment3
- Instruments can also be used to treat anal fistulas (VAAFT technique)
1 AWMF Summary of the S3 Guidelines 081/009: Sinus pilonidalis
2 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: A Prospective Multicentre Trial. P. Meinero et al., 2016
3 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment, Giarratano G et al., 2017
Endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment (EPSiT)Endoskopische Pilonidalsinus Therapie (EPSiT): First single-center experience with an effective method for treating pilonidal sinus
Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: A Tertiary Care Academic Center Experience
Frontiers in Surgery 2021 Aug
Brazilian and argentinean multicentric study in the surgical minimally invasive treatment of pilonidal cyst
Brazilian archives of digestive surgery 2019 Oct
Short-term outcomes of endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment
Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England 2019 Aug
The endoscopic treatment of pilonidal sinus disease: a short-term case-series study
Annals of Saudi Medicine 2019 May-Jun
Preliminary report on endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment in children: results of a multicentric series
Pediatric Surgery International 2018 Jun
Outcomes of endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment (EPSiT): a systematic review
Techniques in Coloproctology 2018 May
Endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment versus total excision with primary closure for sacrococcygeal pilonidal sinus disease in the pediatric population
Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2018 Oct
Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: Long-Term Results of a Prospective Series
Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 2017 Jul-Sep
Endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment: a prospective multicentre trial
Colorectal Disease: The Official Journal of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland 2016 May
TEO® – Transanal Endoscopic Operations
The minimally invasive transanal platform for the treatment of rectal neoplasia
Transanal Endoscopic Operations (TEO®) combines the minimal invasiveness of an intervention via a natural body orifice (NOTES) with the precision of resection under endoscopic microsurgery.
- Available in lengths of 7.5, 15 and 20 cm
- Compatible with all standard camera systems for laparoscopy
- Mechanical holding arm enables the platform to be placed in a very stable position
Transanal Endoscopic Operation for Benign Rectal Lesions and T1 Carcinoma
Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 2017 Jan-Mar
Importance of Resection Margins in the Treatment of Rectal Adenomas by Transanal Endoscopic Surgery
Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery 2018 Oct 10
What is the best tool for transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM)? A case-matched study in 74 patients comparing a standard platform and a disposable material
International Journal of Colorectal Disease 2017 Jul
Transanal endoscopic resection with peritoneal entry: a word of caution
Surgical Endoscopy 2016 May
Hybrid NOTES: TEO for transanal total mesorectal excision: intracorporeal resection and anastomosis
Surgical Endoscopy 2016 January
KARL STORZ SILVER SCOPE®
TROIDL SILVER SCOPE® Flexible Rectoscope
The SILVER SCOPE® Flexible Resectoscope acc. to TROIDL combines the fundamental advantages of flexible endoscopy with the application options of rectoscopy.
- Short working length of 40 cm ensures easy handling
- Inversion up to 210° improves visualization compared to rigid rectoscopy and, consequently, diagnostic and therapeutic options thanks to forward and retrograde viewing
- Suitable for the diagnostics of surgical conditions as well as for surgical procedures in the rectal area
- Fatigue-free working thanks to ergonomically shaped control unit
- Possibility to combine rigid and flexible endoscopy thanks to the modular IMAGE1 S™ camera platform
Please note: The SILVER SCOPE® Resectoscope acc. to TROIDL is incompatible with the TELE PACK+. Please use the TELE PACK X GI instead.
CLICKline Single-use Scissors
The new single-use scissor inserts can be combined with all reusable handles in the KARL STORZ CLICKLINE series, providing a practical solution for regular use or as a backup system.
- Inserts packaged sterile in individual blister packs and delivered in packages of 10 in a dispenser box
- Proven scissor blade designs
- Cost-effective solution: "single-use meets re-usable"
- Color coding allows clear identification of the single-use components
Needle Holder with Righting Function
KARL STORZ has expanded its portfolio to include a new needle holder with a needle righting function. The needle, which is clamped flat in the needle holder, can be raised in the site by means of the rotary wheel.
- Righting function for the clamped needle via the rotary wheel
- Axial handle
- The precisely settable ratchet facilitates secure positioning of the needle
Retractors for Laparoscopic Colorectal Procedures
Advanced laparoscopic surgery and particularly laparoscopic rectal surgery are extremely technically challenging.
One of the key requirements for successfully performing these procedures while respecting oncological principles is optimal exposure and, consequently, good visualization of the surgical site.
- Helps to display the various structures in difficult anatomical situations (particularly in obese male patients)
- Various retractor shapes for different anatomies
- Robust design
- Easy to use thanks to angle adjustment dial
S-PILOT® – modular smoke evacuation system
As an early pioneer in laparoscopy, KARL STORZ has consistently worked to advance the state of the art. A great example is the S-PILOT® modular smoke evacuation management system, with in-line filtration and options for both active and passive applications. Recent guidance from SAGES and EAES recommends “For MIS procedures, use of devices to filter released CO2 for aerosolized particles should be strongly considered”.
While KARL STORZ has not specifically tested the use of KARL STORZ smoke evacuation devices and SARS-CoV-2, there are data on KARL STORZ filters and its effectiveness against other bacteria and viruses.
The filter efficiency of KARL STORZ filters was tested using the most common test methods with microorganisms known as “Virus Filtration Efficiency (VFE)” and “Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE)”. These types of tests are considered to be the most similar to clinical scenarios. A test aerosol with a mean particle size of 3 +/- 0.3 µm and a virus bacteriophage ɸX174 of 0.027 µm (at VFE) or bacteria Staphylococcus aureus (at BFE) were used. Test results confirmed a filter efficiency of more than 99.9999 %.1,2
The Most Penetrating Particle Size is typically in a range of 0.1-0.3 µm. These particles are the most difficult to trap by the filter. The test aerosol DEHS (= Di-2-Ethylhexyl-Sebacat) with a size of 0.3 µm was therefore used for non-microbiological tests. A filter efficiency of more than 99.9994 % was achieved.3
Contact your local KARL STORZ representative for a solution that meets your individual needs or for more details regarding the smoke evacuation portfolio available.
The S-PILOT® with in-line filtration is part of the extensive array of KARL STORZ products designed in consultation with active laparoscopic surgeons. The complete repertoire covers the full range of diagnostic and surgical laparoscopic procedures for adult and pediatric patients.
1 Nelson Laboratories Inc., Salt Lake City, USA: “Virus Filtration Efficiency Test (VFE) at an Increased Challenge Level” Lab. No. 846021-S01, 07 Dec. 2015 (internal reference: SAP ID 300000338072).
2 Nelson Laboratories Inc., Salt Lake City, USA: “Bacterial Filtration Efficiency Test (BFE) at an Increased Challenge Level” Lab. No. 846022-S01, 02 Dec. 2015 (internal reference: SAP ID 300000338073).
3 GVS Filter Technology UK, Lancashire LA3 3EN, UK: Activity Report REP: 0698/16, 21. January 2016 (internal reference: SAP ID 300000351254).