Telescopes for Heart Surgery
In video-assisted mitral valve surgery, 30° telescopes with a diameter of 5 or 10 mm are in standard use. The mitral valve and the surrounding tissue are visualized by means of an access through the right intercostal space and the right atrium.
For endoscopic atrial ablation, most surgeons use 0° telescopes with a diameter of 5 or 10 mm to visualize the surgical field. This allows accurate positioning of the ablation device.
KARL STORZ additionally offers the ENDOCAMELEON® with a variable direction of view of 0° to 90°. It allows adjusting the direction of view to fit any surgical situation. The rigid HOPKINS® telescope is particularly well suited for use in anatomically narrow spaces, such as in minimally invasive mitral valve surgery and atrial ablation.
4K Monitor Portfolio
In conjunction with the IMAGE1 S™ 4U camera system, new 4K monitors now complement the imaging chain from KARL STORZ. The monitors are available in various sizes and technologies (2D/3D) in order to meet the individual requirements of different interventions.
4K technology offers an extended color space combined with enhanced color saturation due to the implementation of the BT.2020 standard in the monitors.
Thanks to the special tempered safety glass, all monitors feature strong resistance to scratches and knocks.
With a screen diagonal of 32", the monitors feature an enclosed glass surface that allows quick and easy wipe disinfection to guarantee optimal hygiene properties.
IMAGE1 S™ 3D – A Dimension Ahead
The IMAGE1 S™ 3D camera platform provides surgeons with excellent depth perception. Furthermore, the 3D stereoscopic imaging system is particularly valuable for activities that demand a high degree of spatial perception. Thanks to the modular system design, existing 2D systems can be upgraded to 3D.
- 3D system featuring video endoscopes with a diameter of 10 mm
- Easy toggle between 3D and 2D
- Easy integration into the IMAGE1 S™ platform
- Three innovative visualization technologies for easy tissue differentiation
- in 2D and 3D:
- CLARA: Homogeneous illumination
- CHROMA: Contrast enhancement
- SPECTRA*: Spectral color shift and switch
Provides type CF defibrillation protection when used with TIPCAM®1 S 3D LAP in conjunction with the IMAGE1 S™ camera control unit with CF-defib symbol on the connection port
* not for sale in the U.S.
VITOM® 3D – 3D Visualization for Open Heart Surgery
The VITOM® 3D system provides many surgical disciplines with a revolutionary solution for the visualization of microsurgical and open surgical interventions. Application possibilities are similar to that of the operating microscope. The most important functions are controlled via the IMAGE1 PILOT which is mounted to the OR table in close proximity to the surgeon.
- Small, light and compact
- Lower acquisition costs and creates synergistic effects with endoscopy by using the same video tower
- Ergonomic work
- Improved workflow – the OR team can view the procedure in the same image quality as the surgeon
- Provides type CF defibrillation protection when used with VITOM® 3D in conjunction with the IMAGE1 S™ camera control unit with CF-defib symbol on the connection port
Access Routes in Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
The trocar length of 6.5 cm, which is specifically designed to meet the needs of minimally invasive heart surgery, allows more straightforward use. Even when the trocar is completely inserted, there is still a sufficient distance maintained to the heart to avoid injuries. In addition, the 45° insufflation stopcock with the LUER-Lock connector allows the positioning of several trocars in neighboring intercostal spaces.
Reusable Retractors for Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting
KARL STORZ offers completely reusable systems for the minimally invasive endoscopic removal of the radial artery and the great saphenous vein in bypass surgery. These sets consist of a retractor and additional instrumentation.
- Resterilizable and completely reusable – providing significant cost savings
- Various models for artery and vein harvesting that are specifically adapted to the anatomy
- HOPKINS® telescope for visualization of the operative field in excellent image quality
- As an ideal option for visualization and documentation, KARL STORZ offers the portable and compact TELE PACK camera unit comprising a monitor, camera system, light source and data management with an integrated network function