Your dedicated Contacts
Field of Expertise: General Surgery/Proctology
We will be available for direct contact from 9 am to 5 pm CET.
Field of Expertise: Imaging
We will be available for direct contact from 9 am to 5 pm CET.
Our featured products
- IMAGE1 S™ 4U Rubina – The New 4K NIR/ICG Camera Head
- Visualization of Perfusion
- CLICKline Single-use Scissors
- Needle Holder with Righting Function
- Retractors for Laparoscopic Colorectal Procedures
- EndoCAMeleon® Telescope with Variable Direction of View
- E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
- VAAFT Set
- TEO® – Transanal Endoscopic Operations
- KARL STORZ SILVER SCOPE®
- S-PILOT® – modular smoke evacuation system
- ARTip® base – Simply stable
- OR1 NEO®
IMAGE1 S™ 4U Rubina – The New 4K NIR/ICG Camera Head
IMAGE1 S™ 4U RUBINA combines 4K imaging technology as well as fluorescence imaging in the near infrared range for the display of indocyanine green (ICG) and for autofluorescence. The technology features very good image quality as well as new NIR/ICG fluorescence modes. The new modes, e.g. the superimposed NIR/ICG signal in the white light image, provide the user with valuable information. In addition, IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA offers the display intensity of a NIR/ICG signal and a purely near infrared mode in monochromatic color display for the clear delination of structures.
- Native 4K image resolution with very good image brightness and rich color detail
- OPAL1® NIR/ICG technology with new functionalities
- S-Technologies in white light and the overlay modes Overlay and Intensity Map
- Enhanced* NIR/ICG telescopes and new models
- Laser-free LED light source for white light and NIR/ICG excitation
* in comparison to previous models
|Learn more in our on-demand webinar with Prof. Luigi Boni|
Visualization of Perfusion
Perfusion assessment is important in various medical disciplines. With IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA and ICG administration, ischemic areas, perfusion, and vascular structures can be displayed in real time, thereby enabling the surgeon to respond intraoperatively.
- Rapid perfusion assessment of a planned resection zone as well as of the subsequent anastomosis, e.g., in colon1 or esophageal resection and gastric bypass2
- Display of the cystic artery in cholangiography2
- Visualization of liver segments3
Multidisciplinary use in laparoscopic, endoscopic, and open surgery
1Koh et al., Fluorescent Angiography Used to Evaluate the Perfusion Status of Anastomosis in Laparoscopic Anterior Resection, 2016
2Boni et al., Clinical Applications of Indocyanine Green (ICG) Enhanced Fluorescence in Laparoscopic Surgery, 2015
3Diana M et al Superselective Intra-arterial Hepatic Injection of Indocyanine Green (ICG) for Fluorescence Image-guided Segmental Positive Staining: Experimental Proof of the Concept, 2017
CLICKline Single-use Scissors
The new single-use scissor inserts can be combined with all reusable handles in the KARL STORZ CLICKLINE series, providing a practical solution for regular use or as a backup system.
- Scissor blades are always sharp, resulting in optimal cutting effect
- Inserts sterile-packed in individual blister packs and delivered in packages of 10 in a dispenser box
- Proven scissor blade designs
- Cost-effective solution: “Single-use meets reusable”
- Color coding allows clear identification of the single-use components
Needle Holder with Righting Function
KARL STORZ has expanded its portfolio to include a new needle holder with a needle righting function. The needle holder offers significant time and handling advantages, especially for interrupted suturing. The needle, which is clamped flat in the needle holder, can be raised at the site by means of the rotary wheel.
- Righting function for the clamped needle by turning the rotary wheel
- The ergonomic handle design allows relaxed and precise work
- The smooth-running, precisely settable ratchet facilitates secure positioning of the needle
Retractors for Laparoscopic Colorectal Procedures
Advanced laparoscopic surgery and particularly laparoscopic rectal surgery are extremely technically challenging.
One of the key requirements for successfully performing these procedures while respecting oncological principles is optimal exposure and, consequently, good visualization of the surgical site.
EndoCAMeleon® Telescope with Variable Direction of View
The ENDOCAMELEON® HOPKINS® telescope with rod lens system and a rigid 10 mm sheath offers a variable direction of view. This allows optimal adjustment of the viewing direction to any OR situation.
- Variable direction of view 0° – 90°
- Enhanced illumination
- Easy-to-use adjustment knob for selecting the direction of view, now with fin
- Combines the convenient handling of the proven HOPKINS® telescope with the advantages and potential of a telescope offering various directions of view
- Particularly suitable for use in anatomically narrow working spaces
E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
The pilonidal sinus is an acute or chronic inflammatory process in the subcutaneous adipose tissue, often occurring in the sacrococcygeal region1. E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment – proceeds in two phases. In the first – diagnostic – phase, the sinus cavity and the sinus tracts are examined. The aim of the second – therapeutic – phase is to ablate the abscess cavity and to eliminate the fistula2. Both phases are performed under direct endoscopic control.
- E.P.Si.T. can be performed in an outpatient setting
- Ablation of the abscess cavity and elimination of the fistula under direct vision
- High patient satisfaction3
- Straightforward, safe, effective and reproducible method of treatment3
- Instruments can also be used to treat anal fistulas (VAAFT technique)
1 AWMF Summary of the S3 Guidelines 081/009: Sinus pilonidalis
2 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: A Prospective Multicentre Trial. P. Meinero et al., 2016
3 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment, Giarratano G et al., 2017
Brazilian and argentinean multicentric study in the surgical minimally invasive treatment of pilonidal cyst
Brazilian archives of digestive surgery 2019 Oct
Short-term outcomes of endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment
Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England 2019 Aug
The endoscopic treatment of pilonidal sinus disease: a short-term case-series study
Annals of Saudi Medicine 2019 May-Jun
Preliminary report on endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment in children: results of a multicentric series
Pediatric Surgery International 2018 Jun
Outcomes of endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment (EPSiT): a systematic review
Techniques in Coloproctology 2018 May
Endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment versus total excision with primary closure for sacrococcygeal pilonidal sinus disease in the pediatric population
Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2018 Oct
Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: Long-Term Results of a Prospective Series
Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 2017 Jul-Sep
Endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment: a prospective multicentre trial
Colorectal Disease: The Official Journal of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland 2016 May
Video-Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment
The VAAFT technique is suitable for the surgical treatment of complex anal fistulas and recurrences. VAAFT – Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment – proceeds in two phases. The purpose of the first – diagnostic – phase is to inspect the fistula pathway and to locate the internal fistula opening. The goal of the second – therapeutic – phase is the complete destruction of the fistula epithelium. Both phases are performed under direct endoscopic control.
- Exact localization of the internal fistula opening under visual control
- Complete elimination of the fistula from the inside
- Minimal postoperative trauma
- Significant time and cost-saving potential
- Fully autoclavable
A Systematic review and meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of video-assisted anal fistula treatment (VAAFT)
Surgical Endoscopy 2018 Apr
VAAFT: Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment; Bringing revolution in Fistula treatment
Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences 2015 Sep-Oct
Video-assisted anal fistula treatment
Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 2014 Jul-Sep
Comparative study of clinical efficacy between video-assisted anal fistula treatment and traditional fistula resection plus seton in treatment of complex anal fistula
Chinese Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery 2018 July
Symptom amelioration in Crohn's perianal fistulas using video assisted anal fistula treatment (VAAFT)
Journal of Crohn’s and Colitis 2018 May
Video-assisted anal fistula treatment in the management of complex anal fistula: a single-center experience
Minerva Chirurgica 2018 Apr
Short-term efficacy and safety of three novel sphincter-sparing techniques for anal fistulae: a systematic review
Techniques in Coloproctology 2017 Oct
Enterocutaneous fistula: a novel video-assisted approach
Wideochirurgia I inne techniki maloinwazyjne 2017 Sept
Video-Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment (VAAFT) for Complex Anal Fistula: A Preliminary Evaluation in China
Medical Science Monitor: International Medical Journal of Experimetal and Clinical Research 2017 Apr
TEO® – Transanal Endoscopic Operations
The minimally invasive transanal platform for the treatment of rectal neoplasia
Transanal Endoscopic Operations (TEO®) combines the minimal invasiveness of an intervention via a natural body orifice (NOTES) with the precision of resection under endoscopic microsurgery.
- Available in lengths of 7.5, 15 and 20 cm
- Compatible with all standard camera systems for laparoscopy
- Mechanical holding arm enables the platform to be placed in a very stable position
Transanal Endoscopic Operation for Benign Rectal Lesions and T1 Carcinoma
Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 2017 Jan-Mar
Importance of Resection Margins in the Treatment of Rectal Adenomas by Transanal Endoscopic Surgery
Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery 2018 Oct 10
What is the best tool for transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM)? A case-matched study in 74 patients comparing a standard platform and a disposable material
International Journal of Colorectal Disease 2017 Jul
Transanal endoscopic resection with peritoneal entry: a word of caution
Surgical Endoscopy 2016 May
Hybrid NOTES: TEO for transanal total mesorectal excision: intracorporeal resection and anastomosis
Surgical Endoscopy 2016 January
KARL STORZ SILVER SCOPE®
TROIDL SILVER SCOPE® Flexible Rectoscope
The flexible TROIDL SILVER SCOPE® rectoscope combines the fundamental advantages of flexible endoscopy with the application possibilities of rectoscopy.
- Working length of 40 cm ensures easy handling
- Up to 210° inversion improves visualization and, consequently, diagnostic and therapeutic options thanks to forward and retrograde viewing
- Field of application especially suited for surgical conditions and procedures in the rectal area
- Fatigue-free work thanks to ergonomically shaped control unit
- Possibility to combine rigid and flexible endoscopy thanks to modular IMAGE1 S™ camera platform
S-PILOT® – modular smoke evacuation system
As an early pioneer in laparoscopy, KARL STORZ has consistently worked to advance the state of the art. A great example is the S-PILOT® modular smoke evacuation management system, with in-line filtration and options for both active and passive applications. Recent guidance from SAGES and EAES recommends “For MIS procedures, use of devices to filter released CO2 for aerosolized particles should be strongly considered”.
While KARL STORZ has not specifically tested the use of KARL STORZ smoke evacuation devices and SARS-CoV-2, there are data on KARL STORZ filters and its effectiveness against other bacteria and viruses.
The filter efficiency of KARL STORZ filters was tested using the most common test methods with microorganisms known as “Virus Filtration Efficiency (VFE)” and “Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE)”. These types of tests are considered to be the most similar to clinical scenarios. A test aerosol with a mean particle size of 3 +/- 0.3 µm and a virus bacteriophage ɸX174 of 0.027 µm (at VFE) or bacteria Staphylococcus aureus (at BFE) were used. Test results confirmed a filter efficiency of more than 99.9999 %.1,2
The Most Penetrating Particle Size is typically in a range of 0.1-0.3 µm. These particles are the most difficult to trap by the filter. The test aerosol DEHS (= Di-2-Ethylhexyl-Sebacat) with a size of 0.3 µm was therefore used for non-microbiological tests. A filter efficiency of more than 99.9994 % was achieved.3
Contact your local KARL STORZ representative for a solution that meets your individual needs or for more details regarding the smoke evacuation portfolio available.
The S-PILOT® with in-line filtration is part of the extensive array of KARL STORZ products designed in consultation with active laparoscopic surgeons. The complete repertoire covers the full range of diagnostic and surgical laparoscopic procedures for adult and pediatric patients.
1 Nelson Laboratories Inc., Salt Lake City, USA: “Virus Filtration Efficiency Test (VFE) at an Increased Challenge Level” Lab. No. 846021-S01, 07 Dec. 2015 (internal reference: SAP ID 300000338072).
2 Nelson Laboratories Inc., Salt Lake City, USA: “Bacterial Filtration Efficiency Test (BFE) at an Increased Challenge Level” Lab. No. 846022-S01, 02 Dec. 2015 (internal reference: SAP ID 300000338073).
3 GVS Filter Technology UK, Lancashire LA3 3EN, UK: Activity Report REP: 0698/16, 21. January 2016 (internal reference: SAP ID 300000351254).
ARTip® base – Simply stable
The universal holding system
Ergonomics and efficiency are gaining increasing significance in the daily OR routine. As a result, assistance systems such as holding arms are becoming more and more important. With the new holding system ARTIP® BASE, KARL STORZ addresses these very needs. The ARTIP® BASE holding arm can be used with only one hand and thus facilitates the flexible positioning of KARL STORZ endoscopes, the VITOM® system and instruments for open, microsurgical and minimally invasive procedures. Thanks to its modular design, the ARTIP® BASE can be modified to meet the specific needs of various procedures. The holding system is battery-operated and can be easily installed and used on every standard OR table thanks to its slender design. ARTIP® BASE also offers the assistant physician ergonomic benefits as the holding arm provides maximum freedom of movement.
- Suitable for interdisciplinary use – thanks to the KSLOCK interface
- Easy setup on all standard OR tables
- Single-hand positioning possible
A ready-for-use ARTIP® BASE holding system comprises a base unit, a holding arm and a rechargeable battery. The base unit along with the socket must be draped in a sterile cover. The holding arms are autoclaved.
The ARTIP® BASE holding arm is equipped with a quick-release coupling mechanism that enables the convenient attachment of various KARL STORZ clamping jaws. KARL STORZ endoscopes, the VITOM® system or other instruments can thus be easily affixed to the ARTIP® BASE holding arm.
The modular application platform to support your OR processes
As a modular and expandable application platform, SCENARA® offers numerous functions to optimize processes in various areas in and around the operating room.
- SCENARA® Content Management ensures easy and intuitive administration, editing, and storage of content generated along the patient care pathway.
- Convenient real-time audio and video transmission using SCENARA® Communication Management allows coordination between operating rooms and different hospital departments as well as virtual education and training.
- Images, videos, and reports can be accessed from PCs, tablets, or smartphones, making the necessary data available anytime, anywhere, for maximum flexibility.
- Standardized interfaces such as HL7 and DICOM guarantee compatibility with common hospital information and archiving systems, and current security guidelines ensure data protection and data security.
Maximum flexibility for the best possible integration solution
- Video management and documentation in up to 4K UHD resolution and 3D
- Medical device control through seamless integration of the KARL STORZ-SCB system and optional control of general room functions
- Integration of commercial video conferencing systems to meet even the highest demands regarding transmission quality
- Control of all functions via the surgical monitors with touchscreen function, either directly from the sterile field or from the nurse workstation
- Modular system facilitating customization based on individual needs