- Video Mediastinoscopy – Plug & Play
- Silver Is the New Black
- CleverCurve – Sophisticated Design
- Bronchoscopy Instruments for Children
- Optical Forceps for Rigid Bronchoscopy
- IMAGE1 S™ Rubina™ – NIR/ICG in Thoracic Surgery
- Instruments for Video-assisted Thoracic Surgery
- IMAGE1 S™ 4U – mORe than a camera
- IMAGE1 S™ Rubina™ – mORe to discover
- HEINE Optical 6 mm Set
- Basic Set for Rigid Bronchoscopy
Video Mediastinoscopy – Plug & Play
The compact HD video mediastinoscope is based on the CMOS chip-on-the-tip sensor technology and features an LED light source which is integrated in the handle. It is lightweight, balanced, and fully autoclavable.
It can be operated with the KARL STORZ IMAGE1 S™- camera platform in conjunction with the modules CONNECT and X-LINK as well as with the KARL STORZ TELEPACK+, the compact and portable FULL HD camera device with integrated network function.
Further to this it can be connected to the FULL HD camera control unit TELECAM C3 which is designed for basic endoscopy treatments
- Compact handle with integrated LED light source
- Keyboard with haptic feedback for camera menu control
- CMOS chip-on-the-tip sensor technology in the blade
- Blade with uninterrupted right lateral slit
- Plug & play – one cable outlet with plug connection to the X-LINK module
- No white balance necessary
Silver Is the New Black
LIVE – LED Integrated Video Endoscopes
The new LIVE video bronchoscopes feature excellent image quality, natural color rendering, and homogeneous illumination. A special feature is the LED light source integrated in the handle. State-of-the-art technology is combined with the economy of LEDs. No separate light source is necessary.
- Treatment and diagnosis in HD
- Available in two sizes: LIVE 6.5 and LIVE 5.5
- Compatible with IMAGE1 S™ and TELE PACK +
- Enhanced visualization with S-Technologies
CleverCurve – Sophisticated Design
Sliding sheath instruments for thoracic surgery
In the video-assisted technique, instruments are needed to replace manual palpation in open surgery because tumors and other pathologies are not always easy to identify visually. If the object in question is located deep in the tissue, for instance, palpation is critical. Hence, in VATS, appropriately designed instruments must be used to compensate for the advantages of open surgery.
For this purpose, we have added the new CLEVERCURVE line to our portfolio. These instruments are designed using sliding sheath technology, which features a passive, stationary element as well as an active, movable element.
Altogether, the line consists of seven instruments with various jaw types, some featuring a surgical ratchet.
Bronchoscopy Instruments for Children
A practical set classification for the clinical routine
KARL STORZ offers instruments for pediatric bronchoscopy that are customized to the anatomy of children. This includes bronchoscopes in various sizes and lengths as well as optical forceps and accessories. To optimally structure our comprehensive product range for the benefit of our customers, we offer a total of three sets for foreign body removal in children. They are organized by age and corresponding tracheal diameter. Each set includes the appropriate bronchoscope sizes with a compatible telescope, optical forceps, and accessories. The instrument sets therefore offer everything needed for foreign body removal.
- Set 1: Age group 0-6 months
- Set 2: Age group 6 months – 6 years
- Set 3: Age group 6-14 years
Optical Forceps for Rigid Bronchoscopy
The KARL STORZ product range offers a large selection of rigid bronchoscopes with matching instruments. This includes optical forceps. Six model series in various lengths and sizes cover a wide variety of applications. With our new, patented sheath design and the modified handle with force limitation, KARL STORZ now offers an even more attractive product.
- Simplified cleaning due to new, patented design
- Improved tactile feedback when grasping soft foreign bodies
- Force limitation to protect from jaw fracture
IMAGE1 S™ Rubina™ – NIR/ICG in Thoracic Surgery
The IMAGE1 S™ 4U RUBINA™ camera head combines 4K imaging technology with fluorescence imaging in the near-infrared range for displaying indocyanine green (ICG). The technology features excellent image quality as well as new NIR/ICG fluorescence modes thanks to the new, laser-free POWER LED RUBINA™. The new modes, e.g. the overlay of the NIR/ICG signal onto the white light image, provide users with valuable information. In addition, IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA™ offers an intensity map of the NIR/ICG signal as well as a pure near-infrared mode in monochromatic display for clear delineation of structures.
- Native 4K image resolution with excellent image brightness as well as rich color and detail
- OPAL1® NIR/ICG technology with new functionalities
- S-Technologies in white light and the Overlay and Intensity Map overlay modes
- Enhanced* NIR/ICG telescopes and new variants
- Laser-free LED light source for white light and NIR/ICG excitation
* in comparison with previous models
Instruments for Video-assisted Thoracic Surgery
KARL STORZ offers instruments for Video-assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS) that meet the requirements of both hygiene and economic efficiency. All VATS instruments can be disassembled into two or three parts and can therefore be individually combined with various handles.
The portfolio is expanded to include reusable trocars with flexible cannulas as well as the proven KARL STORZ HOPKINS® telescopes.
- HOPKINS® telescopes with various lengths and diameters
- Flexible and rigid trocars in 6 and 11 mm
- CLICKLINE instruments with or without connector pins for unipolar coagulation
- ROBI® forceps and scissors for bipolar coagulation
IMAGE1 S™ 4U – mORe than a camera
The IMAGE1 S™ 4U camera system allows the operating surgeon to make optimal use of the benefits offered by 4K technology. A notable feature is the image quality: High image brightness, impressive colors, greater richness of detail and a significantly improved depth effect characterize this system. Thanks to the system’s modularity, 4U components can be easily integrated into the existing IMAGE1 S™ camera platform. Consequently, the system is still compatible with existing technologies (e.g., rigid, flexible, fluorescence and 3D endoscopy) and can be adapted to meet individual customer needs.
- IMAGE1 S™ 4U impresses with outstanding, razor-sharp images
- Excellent image brightness
- First-rate color rendition
- Greater richness of detail
- Three innovative visualization technologies for tissue differentiation:
- CLARA: Homogeneous illumination
- CHROMA: Contrast enhancement
- SPECTRA*: Spectral color shift and switch
- Easy integration into the IMAGE1 S™ camera platform
* not for sale in the U.S.
IMAGE1 S™ Rubina™ – mORe to discover
IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA™ combines the newest 4K, 3D, and fluorescence imaging (NIR/ICG) technologies into a single product family. This is made possible thanks to the new POWER LED RUBINA™. The new modes, such as the NIR/ICG signal overlay onto the white light image, provide valuable information. In addition, IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA™ offers an intensity map of the NIR/ICG signal as well as a pure near-infrared mode in monochromatic display for clear delineation of structures.
The IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA™ product family includes the following components:
- IMAGE1 S™ 4U RUBINA™ – 4K camera head with new NIR/ICG functionalities
- TIPCAM®1 RUBINA™ – 4K-3D videoendoscope with automatic horizon control
- POWER LED RUBINA™ – laser-free LED light source for white light and NIR/ICG excitation
- HOPKINS® RUBINA™ – Enhanced* NIR/ICG telescopes and new variants
- IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA™ technology thus provides new functionalities for KARL STORZ OPAL1® fluorescence imaging as well as excellent image brightness with rich color and detail.
* in comparison with previous models
HEINE Optical 6 mm Set
For medical thoracoscopy
The HEINE 6 mm set allows minimally invasive medical thoracoscopy to be performed with a technique based on the 4 mm 30° HOPKINS® telescope. With these instruments, the proven concept of mounting various working elements on the HOPKINS® endoscope could be transferred from bronchoscopy to thoracoscopy.
- Powder blower for application of talc powder under visualization
- Suction tube for fluid aspiration under optical control; also acts as a protective sheath for the HOPKINS® telescope at the start of the procedure
- Dissection electrode for the division of adhesions without requiring a second access
- Forceps for precise cutting of biopsies under optical control
Basic Set for Rigid Bronchoscopy
Rigid bronchoscopy is often employed in interventions such as foreign body removal and the placement of stents as the large working channel allows work with a wide range of instruments. This is particularly essential for the management of complications such as, for example, the occurrence of hemorrhage.
For these indications, rigid bronchoscopy offers the following advantages:
- Optimal vision
- Large-scale biopsies
- Good suction possibilities
- Respiration possible
The specially designed telescope guide sheath, which is firmly locked onto the universal bronchoscope, simplifies camera-guided intubation and protects against rod lens breakage. This guarantees a constant view of the distal end of the bronchoscope.
The optical forceps feature a new patented sheath design that simplifies handling during cleaning. The modified handle with force limitation minimizes the risk of jaw breakage.