Bronchoscopy Instrumentation for Children
KARL STORZ offers bronchoscopy instruments that have been tailored to the anatomy of children. These include bronchoscopes in various sizes and lengths as well as optical forceps and accessories. The smallest bronchoscope allows interventions such as foreign body removal and biopsies to be performed on newborns and small children under optical control.
Special features of the bronchoscopy instrumentation:
- Special surface treatment for optimal gliding properties of the bronchoscope sheath
- Atraumatic bronchoscope tip for patient-friendly insertion
- Wide range of diverse forceps for foreign body removal and biopsy
The telescope bridge, which is firmly locked onto the rigid bronchoscope, simplifies camera-guided intubation and protects against rod lens breakage. This guarantees a constant view of the distal end of the bronchoscope.
The optical forceps feature a new patented sheath design that simplifies handling during cleaning. The modified handle with force limitation minimizes the risk of jaw breakage.
New Trocar Generation for Laparoscopic Pediatric Surgery
The newly designed trocar generation combines single use with reusable components. Whereas cannulas and trocars feature a design with reusable components, the new valve seal is intended for single use.
- The ergonomic shape of the trocar ensures safe and reliable handling during placemen
- The new plastic trocar housing ensures that the weight is considerably reduced and the trocar is well-balanced
- One-piece sealing system for single use (package of 10)
- Minimal friction between the valve seal and the instrument
- Available in diameters 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm and 6 mm with a working length of 5 cm
The New RoTalock™ Trocar
The TAN RoTalock™ trocar is a self-retaining trocar that was especially developed for neonatal surgery / pediatric laparoscopic surgery.
- Distal tip of the cannula enables fixation directly under the abdominal wall and prevents the cannula from slipping out of the abdominal wall
- Due to the short length of the sheath, the distal tip of the cannula does not hinder opening of the jaws
- One-piece sealing system for single use (unsterile)
- Available in sizes 3.5 mm and 6 mm