Surgery without access trauma? Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery or NOTES aims to make minimally invasive surgery even more patient-friendly by utilizing existing body openings. "Single Site" or "Single Port" procedures, which primarily use the umbilicus and hence a natural scar as an access, "Reduced Port Surgery", and last but not least mini-laparoscopy pursue a similar goal.
KARL STORZ supports worldwide scientific research on these procedures, monitors and supports application development, and ensures implementation in the form of innovative technical solutions.
Current concepts in “NOTES and Associated Procedures“ are presented in the overview below. Click on the category for additional information.
S-PORT® is a single-port platform that is suitable for performing hybrid procedures (LAP / Single Port) where the single-port entry can also be used as an extraction site.
- Modular system
- Great freedom of movement
- Stable platform for precise control of telescopes and instruments
- Simple extraction of resected tissue
- Variable adjustment of the incision size
- Cost-effective and reusable, except for the wound protector
- Can be combined with ROTATIP® instruments featuring jaw and sheath rotation