Telescopes for Heart Surgery
In video-assisted mitral valve surgery, 30° telescopes with a diameter of 5 or 10 mm are in standard use. The mitral valve and the surrounding tissue are visualized by means of an access through the right intercostal space and the right atrium.
For endoscopic atrial ablation, most surgeons use 0° telescopes with a diameter of 5 or 10 mm to visualize the surgical field. This allows accurate positioning of the ablation device.
Furthermore, KARL STORZ offers the ENDOCAMELEON® with a variable direction of view of 0° to 120°. This allows adjustment of the viewing direction to any OR situation. The rigid telescope is particularly suitable for use in anatomically narrow working spaces, for example, in minimally invasive mitral valve surgery and atrial ablation.
IMAGE1 S™ 3D – A Dimension Ahead
The IMAGE1 S™ 3D camera platform provides surgeons with excellent depth perception. Furthermore, the 3D stereoscopic imaging system is particularly valuable for activities that demand a high degree of spatial perception. Thanks to the modular system design, existing 2D systems can be upgraded to 3D.
- 3D system featuring video endoscopes with a diameter of 10 mm
- Easy toggle between 3D and 2D
- Easy integration into the IMAGE1 S™ platform
- Three innovative visualization technologies for easy tissue differentiation
- in 2D and 3D:
- CLARA: Homogeneous illumination
- CHROMA: Contrast enhancement
- SPECTRA*: Spectral color shift and switch
Provides type CF defibrillation protection when used with TIPCAM®1 S 3D LAP in conjunction with the IMAGE1 S™ camera control unit with CF-defib symbol on the connection port
* not for sale in the U.S.
VITOM® 3D – 3D Visualization for Open Heart Surgery
The VITOM® 3D system provides many surgical disciplines with a revolutionary solution for the visualization of microsurgical and open surgical interventions. Application possibilities are similar to that of the operating microscope. The most important functions are controlled via the IMAGE1 PILOT which is mounted to the OR table in close proximity to the surgeon.
- Small, light and compact
- Lower acquisition costs and creates synergistic effects with endoscopy by using the same video tower
- Ergonomic work
- Improved workflow – the OR team can view the procedure in the same image quality as the surgeon
- Provides type CF defibrillation protection when used with VITOM® 3D in conjunction with the IMAGE1 S™ camera control unit with CF-defib symbol on the connection port