- In-house Training Workstations from KARL STORZ with the GESEA Concept
- Creating Certainty: Diagnostics and Treatment Outside the OR
- The Bipolar 5 mm Office Resectoscope
- Rapid Tissue Ablation with a Small Diameter
- VITOM® – Visualization System for Gynecology
- Visualization of the Lymphatic System in Gynecology with OPAL1® NIR/ICG Technology
- KECKSTEIN Uterine Manipulator
- SCHÄR Manipulator
- The New Trocar Generation from KARL STORZ
- The Bipolar SupraLoop
In-house Training Workstations from KARL STORZ with the GESEA Concept
Endoscopic training possibilities directly in the clinic
The steady progress in minimally invasive surgical techniques requires ongoing training and professional development of surgeons and adequate opportunities for practice.
Supported by KARL STORZ, the European Academy of Gynaecologic Surgery (EAGS) developed the so-called Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgical Education and Assessment Program (GESEA). Theoretical knowledge is offered free of charge and practical skills in laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are trained to ensure patient safety and the best possible surgical outcome.* The required training equipment is provided by KARL STORZ as a complete package.
- Scientifically validated training program from the European Academy of Gynaecologic Surgery (EAGS)
- Documentation of self-assessment possible
- All from one source
*Studie Campo et al., Gynaecological endoscopic surgical education and assessment. A diploma programme in gynaecological endoscopic surgery
Creating Certainty: Diagnostics and Treatment Outside the OR
Solutions for office hysteroscopy
Hysteroscopy allows accurate diagnosis of any abnormalities in the uterine cavity while 5 Fr. instruments often make immediate treatment possible. Narrow-lumen hysteroscopes enable procedures to be performed outside the OR without anesthesia or dilation of the cervix. Furthermore, hysteroscopy can be used to rule out any obstacles to implantation prior to IVF treatment.
- The CAMPO TROPHYSCOPE® with a diameter of only 2.9 mm allows an atraumatic primary approach to the uterine cavity under visualization
- The irrigation function of the ENDOMAT® SELECT provides an optimal overview thanks to the constant maintenance of intracavitary pressure
- Outsourcing diagnostic services and minor hysteroscopic procedures extends the capacity of the OR to the clinical outpatient setting
The Bipolar 5 mm Office Resectoscope
In addition to bipolar resectoscopes with diameters of 7 mm and 9 mm, KARL STORZ now offers a 5 mm resectoscope. Due to its small diameter, this resectoscope offers the possibility to perform resection outside the OR. Infertility patients or those suffering from abnormal bleeding can thus be treated in the doctor’s office or clinical outpatient setting, even without anesthesia. Together with the AUTOCON® III 400 HF generator, effective resection, coagulation or vaporization is achieved.
- Minimal outer diameter
- Optimized procedure time*
- Enhanced safety, accessibility and patient satisfaction*
- Possible to perform resection in the doctor’s office or clinical outpatient setting, even without anesthesia
- Little or even no dilation required
- Optional use as a diagnostic hysteroscope in conjunction with semirigid 5 Fr. instruments
- Real bipolar system with current not returned via the sheath
Rapid Tissue Ablation with a Small Diameter
19 Fr. Intrauterine BIGATTI Shaver (IBS®) with HYSTEROMAT E.A.S.I.®
With an optical system that features an outer diameter of only 6 mm, the Intrauterine BIGATTI Shaver (IBS®) is inserted into the minimally dilated cervix. Thanks to the 4 mm shaver blade, the immediate removal of intrauterine pathologies is now possible outside the OR, e.g., in office settings and clinical outpatient departments or IVF centers.
- Mechanical removal of intrauterine pathologies such as polyps, myomas or placental remnants
- Immediate suction of the resected tissue via the HYSTEROMAT E.A.S.I.® provides optimal visibility
- HYSTEROMAT E.A.S.I.® can be used in both hysteroscopy and laparoscopy
- No thermal damage to tissue as HF current is not used
- Fully reusable system
- NEW: More intraoperative possibilities thanks to various 4 mm instruments
VITOM® – Visualization System for Gynecology
The VITOM® system provides excellent depth of field, optimal magnification, good contrast and excellent color reproduction, which are the ideal prerequisites for the best possible visualization of colposcopic findings, conizations as well as vaginal and open surgical interventions. Furthermore, the VITOM® system magnifies the surgical site and provides an excellent view of the epithelial border, e.g., during loop excision.
- Enhanced magnified images with integrated green filter during colposcopy or conization
- Ideal for training, documentation or streaming of interventions
- Ergonomic work
- Enhanced illumination in the field of view thanks to the integrated illuminator
- Compatible with various endoscopic camera systems (e.g., IMAGE1 S™)
Visualization of the Lymphatic System in Gynecology with OPAL1® NIR/ICG Technology
In gynecology, the degree of tumor involvement in the sentinel lymph node (SLN) is of great importance as it provides medical information about the tumor stage.
IMAGE1 S™ 4U Rubina combines 4K imaging technology with fluorescence imaging in the near infrared range for the display of indocyanine green (ICG) and for autofluorescence.
OPAL1® NIR/ICG technology and the marker indocyanine green (ICG) enables non-radioactive visualization of the entire lymph system surrounding a tumor in real time.
- Non-radioactive lymph node detection method in the case of vulvar, endometrial, cervical or mammary carcinoma
- Multidisciplinary, can be used for laparoscopic and open surgical procedures
- OPAL1® technology for NIR/ICG based on the IMAGE1 S™ RUBINA camera platform
- Laser-free LED source for white light and NIR/ICG excitation
- S-Technologies in white light and the overlay modes Overlay and Intensity Map
KECKSTEIN Uterine Manipulator
The versatile KECKSTEIN uterine manipulator makes gynecological surgery in the lower pelvis easier and safer. Presentation of the operative field during hysterectomy as well as organ-preserving surgery, e.g. in the case of endometriosis, is greatly enhanced in comparison to conventional manipulators thanks to the possibility of anteflexion and retroflexion of the distal tip and cap. Various configurable atraumatic inserts for interventions in reproductive medicine or organ-preserving surgery offer the operating surgeon completely new surgical possibilities.
- Reusable seal for Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Anteflexion and retroflexion of the distal tip and the cap
- Atraumatic inserts for organ-preserving interventions
The instrument for laparoscopic descensus surgery
For laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy, which has increasingly become the standard procedure for treating various forms of prolapses characterized by a descensus of the vaginal vault or uterus, KARL STORZ now offers a multifunctional instrument – the SCHÄR manipulator.
Thanks to the variable adjustable working insert, it provides optimal support for performing the following procedures:
- Supracervical hysterectomy
- Sacrocervicopexy surgery following supracervical hysterectomy
- Sacrocolpopexy of the vaginal stump following hysterectomy
- Sacrohysteropexy (sacrocolpopexy with uterine preservation)
The flat shape of the manipulator allows optimal visualization and dissection of the front and back walls of the vagina in order to fixate the mesh with a suture.
The New Trocar Generation from KARL STORZ
The new trocar generation combines single-use and reusable components. In line with the KARL STORZ company philosophy, the cannulas and trocars were designed with reusable components in mind. The valve seal is intended for single use.
- Ergonomic shape of the trocar ensures safe and comfortable handling during placement of the trocar
- One-piece sealing system for single use
- Minimal friction between the valve seal and the instrument
- Considerably reduced weight and good balance thanks to the newly designed plastic trocar housing
- Color coding for clear identification of different sizes
- Available in the sizes 2.5 mm – 13.5 mm
The Bipolar SupraLoop
For laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy
In addition to the well-known SUPRALOOP unipolar loop, KARL STORZ now offers a bipolar SUPRALOOP for the removal of the uterus in supracervical hysterectomy.
- No neutral electrode necessary for the bipolar SUPRALOOP
- Loop available in two sizes
- Shorter operating time thanks to quick removal of the uterus
- Cost savings thanks to reusable handle and outer sheath