Instrument Set for Pyloromyotomy
KARL STORZ offers a complete instrument set for pyloromyotomy featuring instruments that are specifically designed for this indication.
Percutaneous pyloric knife with knife insert for single use:
- Optimal cutting every time
- Integrated ratchet mechanism allows the knife insert to be locked in 8 positions (1.5 mm steps) and extended to the desired length in a controlled manner in order to achieve the required cutting depth.
GEIGER Percutaneous Pyloric Grasper
- Grasping forceps for stabilizing the pylorus during pyloromyotomy
The instrument set for pyloromyotomy also includes various pyloric spreaders and graspers that are suitable for both percutaneous applications and for use with a trocar.
E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
The pilonidal sinus is an acute or chronic inflammatory process in the subcutaneous adipose tissue, often occurring in the sacrococcygeal region1. E.P.Si.T. – Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment – proceeds in two phases. In the first – diagnostic – phase, the sinus cavity and the sinus tracts are examined. The aim of the second – therapeutic – phase is to ablate the abscess cavity and to eliminate the fistula2. Both phases are performed under direct endoscopic control.
- E.P.Si.T. can be performed in an outpatient setting
- Ablation of the abscess cavity and elimination of the fistula under direct vision
- High patient satisfaction3
- Straightforward, safe, effective and reproducible method of treatment3
- Instruments can also be used to treat anal fistulas (VAAFT technique)
1 AWMF Summary of the S3 Guidelines 081/009: Sinus pilonidalis
2 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment: A Prospective Multicentre Trial. P. Meinero et al., 2016
3 Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment, Giarratano G et al., 2017
The New RoTaLock™ Trocar
The TAN RoTaLock™ trocar is a self-retaining trocar that was specially developed for neonatal surgery/pediatric laparoscopic surgery.
- Distal tip of the cannula enables fixation directly under the abdominal wall and prevents the cannula from slipping out of the abdominal wall
- Due to the short length of the sheath, the distal tip of the cannula does not hinder opening of the jaws
- One-piece sealing system for single use, now also available as a sterile version
- Available in sizes 3.5 mm and 6 mm